this topic is just mentioned,
i will look into those comments as well
sorry,
lisa
lisa h is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 20, 2002, 5:28 PM   #2

Default f707 vs 5700

One thing I didn't see that you should know, the Sony should be easier for you to learn and use than the Nikon. I have the 5700 myself, and experience with the 707 and Sony usually makes cameras easy to use for the novice. Nikon (and the 5700 in particular) have a much steeper learning curve in order to utilize all the features.

The 5700 does take stunning pictures...
Zeddman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2002, 10:15 PM   #3

Default thank you zeddman...

just a quick question, in your oppinion, would the quality of portraits be equal coming form either camera? i guess that is my biggest issue.
lisa
Old Aug 20, 2002, 11:36 PM   #4

Hi Lisa,

No, not exactly as the CCD's are different and so are the lenses. The CZ lens on the Sony is very nice and Sony has a deserved reputation for good digital cameras.

However many people, me included, would give the nod in optics to Nikon.

Honestly, I think you'd be happy with either camera. One more thought for you, the Sony is bulky as the lens is simply HUGE. The nikon is much more compact and easy to carry and use. Also, a better zoom.
Old Aug 21, 2002, 12:56 AM   #5

Lisa,

1. Always buy the largest optical zoom possible.

2. Sony's memoery stick is a negative ... poorly supported, expensive. Loo on eBay to see how cheap CF memeory is!

3. Nikon's battery is dreadful. Plan on adding extra batteries and probably a battery pack ... perhaps negating the Nikon's form factor.

4. evaluate both cameras outside in bright light. The Nikon's viewfinder is a big plus.
Steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2002, 7:55 AM   #6

Lisa:

I have used the CP5700 af couple of month now. You can watch some of the photos on:

http://www.pbase.com/kchl/europe

Theres day and night photos.
Im not an ace in Photoshop, so its pretty much the raw photos.

Unfortunately I have none with the Sony, maybe others have.
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2002, 8:09 AM   #7

Default thanks

thank you for all your replys, i would love to buy the both and than decide, and than return one, i wish i didnt have to make such a big deal out of this, i am making myself crazy!
thanks again.
lisa
Old Aug 21, 2002, 10:26 AM   #8

I also agree with Steve about the Memeory Stick. Who needs yet another format? Sony is trying to bully people into buying their over expensive version. Also, CF is truly much cheaper and available in much larger storage sizes.

Stop killing yourself over this. Both cameras take great pictures based on many people's opinions. Just weigh the pro's and con's of each camera. Or, as Steve suggested, buy both and return the one you don't want. You may need to go to a local store to do this easily (Circuit City, Best Buy) and pay more, but you will have peace of mind in the end. If you do this, be sure to understand the stores return policies before buying. You don't want to get stuck with both!