Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old May 30, 2004, 10:45 AM   #11

Yes me too maybe the av synch problem does not exist when using sandisk ultra II cards ?
fusion_400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2004, 7:50 PM   #12

I just read your comment about not having a sound lag using the SanDisk Ultra II card. In today's mail I just received a 256 MB SimpleTech Pro X high speed SD card and now don't know if I want to open it or not.

Those with the SanDisk Ultra II card - do you all agree that there is no sound lag in the best movie mode? How about when you use your starter card? What is the capacity of your card? How long can you record for?

Those with SimpleTech Pro X high speed SD card - do you have the sound lag problem in the best movie mode? Did you have the problem with the starter card? What is the capacity of your card? How long can you record for?

How about any other high speed cards?
Beverly W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2004, 3:25 PM   #13

I contacted Nikon and they told me that to avoid the audio / video synchronization problem in the 640x480 at 30 fps TV movie mode, I would need a good high speed card with write abilities of at least 10MB/sec. I then tried the Nikon 3700 camera with the SimpleTech Pro X 256MB high speed card (a 10MB/sec SD card) and sure enough my synch problem has gone away. No more audio lagging behind the video.

Nikon should make this obvious from the start. I almost didn't buy this camera due to this "problem" that isn't a problem if you use a good high speed SD card. Most people who would be interested in filming at this resolution would want to be able to film for more than 10 seconds anyway, so why not be up front about it and just tell people that you need it for the correct sync and to have the ability to tape to the memory capacity of the card.

I am now extremely pleased with this camera and fully recommend it to everyone (especially students due to the voice recording ability).
Beverly W is offline   Reply With Quote