Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Aug 25, 2002, 10:26 PM   #1

Default Nikon 5700 makes noises

Hello everyone
I bought my 5700 this weekend and I was trying to figure everything on it when I realized that the camera makes a lot of noises, and I wanted to make sure if is normal or if there is something wrong with my camera
Thanks so much
mavel26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 25, 2002, 11:20 PM   #2

The focusing noises are especially annoying when you make a movie and all the gears are clearly recorded.

It's the same noise that is made at start up when the lens extends itself. If you hear something else, describe it to us.

Gordon
Gordon_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2002, 11:59 PM   #3

Hi Gordon
Thanks for your prompt reply. Yes, I'm familiar with the lense noise but perhaps I have overlooked at the manual and I have the camera set up on video and thats the reason why it makes so many noises. I was trying to follow the manual and understanding what the camera functions/buttons are for and since I pressed the menu key, it started to make noises like if there were something stuck inside the camera. I'll keep you posted and again thanks for your response
Regards,
Mavel
mavel26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2002, 2:23 PM   #4

Default Getting rid of noise

See the message I posted much earlier about what Nikon told me about noise.

However, for the movie mode, just change your focus setting to single auto focus, rather than continuous. It's convenient to use one user set for movies so this is already in place when you select it for movie shooting.

This simply focuses once at the start of the movie and everything remains in focus while you're shooting. And, no noise.
Retro is offline   Reply With Quote