Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Mar 22, 2004, 8:29 PM   #1

Default I'm A Happy Guy now- New 8700 on it's way!!!!

Well, I just ordered A 8700 on E-Bay. I tried one out at best buy by bringing My compact flash card and the results were just fantastic. I would have bought it there but they were sold out and would not sell the demo. Glad I didn't because it was $200.00 cheaper on line with no tax. I should have it in My hands by Friday. Now I got to find A HN-CP11 hood and A few other goody's for it with the $$$$$ I saved.
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 22, 2004, 11:44 PM   #2

Default Need help with the 8700

Love the quality of the photos!! They are crisp and clear, good color. However, I am having trouble getting to the quick shutter release on the setup menu. I go to Monitor options, then try to scroll up to either "review options" or "release speed" and it won't go to them. Do I have to be in a different mode or something? The manual hasn't helped much.

Confused....
hangloose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2004, 11:07 AM   #3

When I get mine I'll see what I can do to get into that mode. I'm sure the manual is A useless nightmere. Try to Hang Loose for A couple of days. :lol: Sorry, I could'nt help that Hangloose1.
Old Mar 25, 2004, 5:39 PM   #4

:lol: I just tracked it and it will be here Friday 26th before 4:30 PM .Can't hardly wait to get My hands on it. I now know what I'll be doing this weekend.
Old Mar 26, 2004, 7:48 PM   #5

May I ask how much you pad for one on Ebay?

Since the 8700 has a big zoom on it... does it have image stablization built in?

General question... What attracts you to the 8700?

Thanks

KM
kieranmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2004, 9:32 AM   #6

I purchased the 8700 for $784.00 + 19.99 ups & $4.99 insurance for A total of $809.97. It is not gray market and it arrived on Friday just like the seller said it would. It came Federal Express 2 Day delivery and had to be signed for. It was perfect. The Lens is very sharp and is just as clear as you would ever want. The Camera has No Stablization. I use A tripod most of the time on anything I am serious about. I purchased A MB-5700 battery pack from My Camera store so I can use My AA rechargable batterys and it really makes the Camera feel steady and comfortable while hand holding. Also provides A vertical shutter release. Im just waiting for A HN-CP11 lens hood to finish my system up. My MC-EU1 Remote cord from My 990 works with this 8700 so that was A good thing.
The Item # on E-Bay is 3804541101 Last night He still Had 9 left to sell. I paid with PayPal so I think that really speeds up the process.
I purchased the 8700 because of the 8MG & 8X zoom lens and less shutter lag time then My 990. Also I can crop photo's and still have pictures that look like photographs. Anybody in need of A 990 and A bunch of accessorys?