Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Aug 29, 2002, 8:05 PM   #1

Default Now that it's broken...anybody dealt with ...

nikon support? What kind of turn around time should I be expecting? I dropped my camera and now all it does is make clicking noises and says system error. My beloved 4500 is broken...I really want to cry. What's your experience with their repair shop?
escofch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 30, 2002, 10:24 AM   #2
MK

I had my 950 in once for repairs and was totally thrilled with the service. I had the infamous power switch problem. The work was done under warranty and took 7 business days. My camera was returned UPS Next Day Air (I've heard they stopped doing this due to cost). When I got my camera back, not only was everything taken care of, they even cleaned it. It looked like I just took it out of a new box!

Note: the journey was from NJ to NY. This might explain the quick turnaround time. With you living in AR, you're kind of in the middle of their east coast and west coast repair centers. Being east of the Mississippi I would send it to Melville, NY.
MK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2002, 3:20 PM   #3

Default Thanks for the info

I am gonna ship it out on tuesday, hopefully it will be covered under the warranty.
Old Aug 31, 2002, 3:53 PM   #4

The case of the 4500 is alloy. As long as you didn't scratch it up or have pieces pop off or other signs of physical abuse, then you should be in good shape if it is within a year.
Jaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2002, 12:16 PM   #5

Default WEll......

it looks like they are gonna fix it for free...I am sooooooo happy..can't wait to get it back. I went out and bought a 2500 to get me through life without the 4500. I am very impressed with the photos the 2500 takes. I told my wife she needed her owne camera as an excuse to get it.... :P