Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Apr 16, 2004, 1:25 PM   #1

Default question on the cp990

hi there. i just traded my dsc-f505v for a nikon coolpix 990. I just got it now and my friend told me that he has not used this for about 2 months. the problem is when i take out the batteries and insert them again, the clock has to be set again. is there a problem with the camera or something else? i really hope someone can help me with this, thanks.
ronaldo103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 16, 2004, 4:31 PM   #2

Default Re: question on the cp990

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo103
hi there. i just traded my dsc-f505v for a nikon coolpix 990. I just got it now and my friend told me that he has not used this for about 2 months. the problem is when i take out the batteries and insert them again, the clock has to be set again. is there a problem with the camera or something else? i really hope someone can help me with this, thanks.
How long is the camera without batteries? Do you remove and charge them, let the camera sit without batteries, and then reinsert the batteries?
JerryF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2004, 9:17 AM   #3

Default Batterys need to be in camera for a while, camera OK

I think You need to charge the Batterys and put them in the camera and leave them in for at least 24 hours or more. The clock probably works off an internal battery that charges off of the AA's but it takes time. After the internal battery is charged you can change the batterys without the clock going blank. If You store the camera for A long time the internal battery will run down again. This information is on page 13 of Your 990 manual. There is nothing wrong with the camera. I am selling My 990 on E-Bay Item # 3809576365 because I bought A 8700 so if You know anybody looking for one please tell them. I hope this information eases Your Mind.
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2004, 7:32 PM   #4

Ronaldo103 wrote: "the problem is when i take out the batteries and insert them again, the clock has to be set again. "

I am seeing this on a used990 I just bought. I guess the little internal capacitormay havedried out or something. If it continues to occur and annoys me too much I'll simply make a little battery pack to plug into the powerinputwhile changing batteries.
Pooperdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2004, 10:51 AM   #5
BW

I got this same internal clock issue with the 990 since the 1st day I got the camera. I find it annoying having to set the date & clock every time I change batteries.

I wonder if this issue is present in other Nikon models or other camera brands. Any knows?

Thanks!
BW is offline   Reply With Quote