Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Sep 5, 2002, 10:16 PM   #1

Default Just got my 5700!

And I feel like an idiot. I'm an amateur and really didn't get into photography until digital about 6 years ago. I got my camera from Digital eTailer and also bought a filter set (UV, Polarizer, and another one I don't know what it is) and a telephoto and a wide angle lens. So I don't get at all how they attach! I read another thread that took me to NextPhoto but don't understand how that adapter is any different from the ones they sent with the lenses. Help!
hudcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 5, 2002, 10:37 PM   #2

Default lenes and filters

The adapter ring ur-e8 is used to attached the lens .... telephoto and wide angle (don't forget you have to tell the camera you have a new lens attached in the setup menu). you cannot however attach the filters to that. the nextphoto site has an adapter that will allow you to attach filters to the camera by clipping on the lens the same way the lens cap does in the groove of the lens not the threads. you will need to order the filter adapter that will fit whatever size filters you bought ... 46, 49, or 52mm??
pbs12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2002, 11:20 PM   #3

remember when purchasing a 5700 you must accessorize heavily.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2002, 3:21 AM   #4

SJMS

Ooooh here we go again...
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2002, 8:27 AM   #5

no. just stating a fact. it will go no further.
Old Sep 6, 2002, 1:48 PM   #6

Okay - so I ordered the ur-e8 adaptor and got the Nikon lenses - the ones they sold me were not Nikon so I returned them and the adaptors they sent. I bought 52mm filters. If I get the adaptor for this size that clips on - can I use the zoom while it's on? Sorry, I'm so stupid - I really appreciate everyone's help. I think I going to love my 5700 as soon as I learn more about it - sjms. you must be a 7i guy?
hudcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2002, 2:10 PM   #7

Hi Hudcathy

Dont be afraid to ask questions in this forum. We are all nice guys I believe, but some of THEM are - as you state - D7i guys. They really love their cameras - cant argue with that - they love the D7i so much, they will point out all the bad things to say about ex. the CP5700 every time you make a question they think they can answer.
They call it "to critisize in a good way". You already have made your own opinion. Good!
Remember; "There is no such thing as a stupid questions - but theres plenty of stupid answers".

Now to your question.

Dont know about the ur-e8 .

But there will be no problem when you attatch the 52mm filter to an adapterring. You can buy on the net. Nextphoto in Canada. Dont remember the exact adress. Really fast delivery. An adapterring works great, zoom fine and doesnt make the camera app. 4 cm longer. No compications.
I bought a 46 mm filter and adapterring because I though it would look nice with a little filter on a little lens. It did. But then again the 52mm filters is easy to get everywhere. But so is the 46mm in my country. And sorry to say - dont buy a polfilter - it wont work. Too thick will frame your photos round in the corners!

Do continue to ask questions!

Im sure you will be very happy with your CP5700.

[Edited on 6-9-2002 by Klaus DK]
Old Sep 6, 2002, 2:18 PM   #8

Klaus DK

remember it goes both ways for love of camera.

we love you anyway. dispite your minor issues.

here let me help. ref: for 5700 ring things

http://members.rogers.com/nextphoto/order5700.htm

in reference to the circ pol filter. B&W and Hoya make thin frame filters in the 3.5 to 4 mm depth range. im not sure but this in combo with oversizing it to maybe 62mm might work with a step up ring to eliminate the vignette you seem to get.
yes there is that same issue on that OTHER (though the lens is wider angle)camera that we won't speak. but what i suggested may help unless the filter adapter is the offending part. go to a shop and try it before buying it.

[Edited on 9-6-2002 by sjms]
Old Sep 6, 2002, 2:21 PM   #9

I did tell you before - there is no such thing as LOVE for material goods! You may be fond of them though.
Old Sep 6, 2002, 2:35 PM   #10

oh please! ok! fond. are you happy now?

some people?