Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jun 11, 2004, 6:53 PM   #1

The new firmware which Nikon will release this summer adds Raw format,ok, but do you think it will add also the ability to use the external speedlights AF assist function.
The Conqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 12, 2004, 8:49 AM   #2

Ah the fabeled 5400 firmware update is due this summer now:-)It did not show up for 3 other dates that were mentioned/rumored. It would be really nice if it actually did finally show up. :lol:

You can never tell what is to be added (or taken out) until it actually shows up. Unless you have an inside contact who might pre-release some info.

The Conqueror wrote:
Quote:
The new firmware which Nikon will release this summer adds Raw format,ok, but do you think it will add also the ability to use the external speedlights AF assist function.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 5:41 PM   #3

Dear PeterP,

I just order the D70 with 18-70 DX. I have to wait 6 weeks.I've ordered 2 months ago butI cancelled it due the BF problem. But now It's ok.....

AF assist lamp was my problem with CP 5400 and speed.

For now I'm having fun with my CP 4300....

The Conqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2004, 12:34 AM   #4

Excellent choice, a friend of mine went witha d70 kit, not sure which lense came with it but he is very pleased with the camera so far.

I went the Canon route, mostly because I have a pile of Canon EF mount lenses for my 35mm bodies.

But the cp5400 still has its place, it issmall, easy to carry everywhere,and the RAWthough slow to write is nice toonow. I am awating the arrival of an EWA marine bag for the cp5400. I am heading out for a 4 day learning/kayaking trip next weekend, to get ready for a couple of weeks on the north shore of Lake Superior in August. The cp5400 should be small enough to keep in or about the cockpit for some shooting. My slr's are safely tucked away in a Pellican case :-)I don't trust myself with them in the kayak yet, only been on the water twice so far with them so far.

For those interested in Kayaking the boats are a pair(one red one blue)of Boreal Ookpik's

They are Roto-molded plastic, but more than enough to get started.:?
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2004, 6:12 PM   #5
jdg

PeterP wrote:
Quote:
Ah the fabeled 5400 firmware update is due this summer now:-)It did not show up for 3 other dates that were mentioned/rumored. It would be really nice if it actually did finally show up. :lol:

You can never tell what is to be added (or taken out) until it actually shows up. Unless you have an inside contact who might pre-release some info.

The Conqueror wrote:
Quote:
It looks like it was posted a few days ago. Here's the link, and it shows support for NEF. Now if only the 5200 supported an uncompressed format.

http://support.nikontech.com/cgi-bin...lPTE*&p_li=

jdg is offline   Reply With Quote