Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Sep 14, 2002, 10:17 AM   #1

Default Got 5700 Filter Adapter & Hood

I got my filter adapter for the CP5700 from Nextphoto. It's really nifty considering the lousy provision made for filters by Nikon. Nextphoto was great to deal with, going the extra mile when I needed it in a hurry and had a technical glitch with PayPal. Actually, I had it the next day.

I also got my Nikon lens hood, which I love. Of course, you can't use the hood with a filter, but I can't use a Nikon hood with a polarizer on my D60 either.

I certainly recommend both accessories.

Bob
Robert Eastburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 14, 2002, 12:03 PM   #2

Thanks Bob - nice feedback!
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2002, 9:50 AM   #3

Default Klaus, re Green Lizard Pic on pbase

That pic is absolutely amazing. I made it my wallpaper of the week! Can you tell me more about the particulars of this image, such as what you used, and how? thnx
Shy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2002, 1:41 PM   #4

Thank you for the nice words, its always nice to get good critizism.

Maybe you will get a little disapointed when you read this:

As you maybe noticed I live in Denmark in Europe, a nice little backyard to Europe. Short summers, long winters. What we dont have running around in the nature in DK is Lizzards like the green one. So I have to go to the Zoo to get pics like that one.
I used my camera which at that time was a CP 5000 which is able to take pinsharpe photos. The photo is taken through a glaswindow. Waited for a long time, but suddenly the lizz just sat there waiting for me. Wonder why!
Afterwards I worked with it in Photoshop, which I almost always do. For me, my PC is my new darkroom.

The camera was put on 85mm zoom, Tiff mode, Matrix and no light compensation what so ever. I took it freehanded. I was able to shoot only once , then it was gone into its cage again.

Some people, Im sure, would say its cheating to go to the Zoo. Make up your own mind - but if you can, try it before making your mind up!

Old Sep 15, 2002, 1:49 PM   #5

People who think that is cheating, I call "purists;" nice people but they need to get a life.

Well done.

Bob
Robert Eastburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2002, 2:26 PM   #6

Thanks Bob, I totally agree with you. We need to use the surrounding we have or dont have in every situations.
Old Sep 16, 2002, 12:34 PM   #7

Default Well Klaus, I didn't think you went to the Galapagos Isles..

to get the shot ;&lt (wisecrack there) I assumed it was taken at a zoo. But, what really astounds me is that it's so clear considering it was shot through glass! They must have just been in to clean it. So, is that shot on pbase converted to jpg? Did you do any in cam sharpening or post USM?

[Edited on 9-16-2002 by Shy1]
Shy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2002, 12:58 PM   #8

You know - this animal almost never touches the glass. The cage is build with a little area in front of the glass. So it was fairly clean inside.
Outside - well, I had to clean the glass with my sleeves as I always do in such photosituations.
To be frank with you, I also was surprised how sharp I got it. But with the right grip on your camera, plenty of light it could be done.
Home again, I used the sharpen Tool in Photoshop, you know the little pen! Its important not to overdo it. I never use camsharpness, it depends to much on luck to get it right. And you cant make up again later on.
And thats how it was shot. In Jpeg. Im sure youll agree (I assume you have a Nikon Digicam) when I say shooting "actionshots" in TIFF is horrible. Too long waitingtime for the camera to generate the photo. So when Im not sure of the situation, I shot JPEGS.

By the way - I wish I shot it on the Galapagos!
Old Sep 20, 2002, 1:46 PM   #9

I also got the 5700 adapter from Nextphoto, and I'm very happy with it. It seems to be well made, and fits the camera nicely. I've used it to stack a Hoya UV filter and a Hoya circular polarising filter, and I'm very pleased with the results.
RNYerby is offline   Reply With Quote