Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jun 28, 2004, 5:31 PM   #1

Hello my friends!

I've a very hard problem I'd like to solve. What camera is the best between Nikon D70 and Canon EOS 300D?

I'd like to usethe cameramost formacro photos.

What would you choose... and why?

:|
Thank you!
Corydoras mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 28, 2004, 9:32 PM   #2

I'm not a digital owner -- yet! I am very interested in the D70. However, you ask a difficult question regardless of print or film cameras.

I suggest reading all the reviews available - specifically the sections relating to your intertest. Then go to the store and physically use both cameras.

I've used film SLR for decades (amatuer only). IMHO, you need to pick it up and use it. Just the feel in your own hands can make a difference in the enjoyment of a particular model.

Only you can really decide what's best for you.

RonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2004, 2:41 AM   #3

I'm in for the D70. Nikon has a much larger varity of lenses you can use. Old as new ones.

Reading canon forums you might experience that the 300D for some users has a focusing problem.
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2004, 5:34 AM   #4

I have heard that the Tamron SP 90/2,8 AF Macro is a good Macroobjectiv. What do you say about that?
Corydoras mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 4:26 AM   #5

Actuallyid tip towards the Canon (to bad its not a 10d)as they have a larger variety of lens, while the digital rebel feels (s**tyy) really light id hate to see a L series lens mounted on it.. Kinda funny but.. back to the question.. Canon has some real nice fast macro lens. While im pretty dissapointed by the quality of lenses nikon is producting these days-rumor beingthat Tamron is making some lens for nikon.. shh you didnt hear it from me. There is a 50 mm compact macro and a 100 mm macro f2.8 which is a nice fast lens.

Ritz
Ritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2004, 3:18 AM   #6

Corydoras mad wrote:
Quote:
I've a very hard problem I'd like to solve. What camera is the best between Nikon D70 and Canon EOS 300D?

I would say: Go with the D70 simply because the D70 is a better camera than the 300D in most categories. Some suggested that Canon have more lenses to fit the 300D. Statistically this is true if you will go pro. On the other hand, both companies have all the commonly used lenses with similar quality for amateurs and advanced amateurs, although it is possible that the C brand has a few lenses at certain focal lengths being better than the N brand and vice versa. As an initial step, the most important thing is a capable body.

CK

http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam

Nikon Coolpix 950/990/995/2500/4500/5700 and Panasonic FZ-10 User Guides
shene is offline   Reply With Quote