Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Oct 17, 2002, 5:02 PM   #11

Default I dont understand exactly.

Ok, ive read a lot of articles about filters for the 5700, but im still not quite sure.
Proberbly because i dont understand the tecnical english that good.

I need to use filters for the 5700, uv and pol.
No need for lenses....yet.

Do i go for the "bernie" adapter only ?
Or is it better to go for the "variable Bearnie" ?

I know that the ordenary adapter is enough, but with the"variable" i got hood protection too, right ?

If i buy the variable, and a filter, do i then still need to manually pull/push the variable ? or is it ok with the same length all the time, ever ?

Ok, thats it, hope you all understand.

I got also an bonus question...is there any particular filter size i should go for ? i do not quite understand the diffrences, and what is better.

Thanks a lot you guys.

Rossen32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2002, 12:42 PM   #12

Ok, my english was obviosly not good enough, ill try another forum. But still gonna have an eye on this thread, thanks.
Rossen32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2002, 1:19 PM   #13

Rossen32,

I'll just quote the email from Bernie, hopefully it helps.

Quote:
The reason for the different sizes is that people have filters from previous cameras. The 46 will work together with the UR-E8 adaptor and allows you to leave both on the camera all the time. The 46 will only vignette when using more then one filter or with a circular polarizer. Vignetting is when the out side corners of the picture get clipped off. The 49 will work together with the Nikon lens hood allowing you to leave both on the camera. The 52 filters are little easier to find and the 52 is closer to the diameter of the camera lens body making it look a little better when the camera is turned off. You will need to buy a new lens cap for the corresponding thread. Most people seem to be buying the 49mm.

I like to use the variable adaptor as a lens hood and then the 46mm snap on adaptor with UV filter. I use my 62mm Circular Polarizer on the variable adaptor after removing the 46mm. With this combination either a 62mm or 46mm lens cap can be used.
gared is offline   Reply With Quote