Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Nov 12, 2004, 3:08 PM   #1

Thanks in advance
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 12, 2004, 5:56 PM   #2

Go here:

http://nikoneurope-en.custhelp.com/c...r/acct_new.php?

Create account.

Then you can download manual.
Old Nov 13, 2004, 1:01 PM   #3
Administrator

Actually, I tried that yesterday, but it rejected the only Nikon Digital Camera I still own as not being from Nikon-Europe (it's a U.S. Model).

Since the information on the page claims that you must have a valid Nikon Digital Product Serial Number to download manuals (and it rejects cameras with U.S. Serial Numbers), I assumed that it wouldn't work otherwise.

But, I tried logging in today with the username I created yesterday, and was able to get to the manual downloads fine.

So, the information on the registration page is not true (at least not yet). It says this (I added the bold to key areas):

Welcome to the Nikon Support Registration page.

• Complete the registration form below to help Nikon provide the assistance you need. Note that registration of your digital product serial number is required to access downloads, you can also get help and advice from our support team in the 'Ask a Question' area.

This site supports customers who have purchased Nikon products in Europe only, your warranty is the same whether you register or not. After registration you will be sent an e-mail which contains your login details for reference.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2004, 8:19 AM   #4

JimC,

I was able to create a login without ID of Nikon cam.

:-)
Old Nov 19, 2004, 8:42 PM   #5

The other person is correct - you can make an account - do not enter any nikon product - click the i do not own a product and then enter the country as Canada. Once past that - click the manuals section and you can download the 8800 manual and quick start guide in pdf. I had the same problem you did and am very grateful to the other user here.

john
jmadura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2004, 9:06 PM   #6
Administrator

Yes, I was able to get to the manuals, too (I was only pointing out that it appeared that I wouldn't be able to, based on what theregistration pagesays, but it actually let me get to them anyway after it rejected my camera serial number).

Hopefully, Nikon Europe won't begin to enforce the what they claim to be the requirements for downloading.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2004, 9:13 PM   #7

http://www.nikonmalaysia.com.my/

This is Nikon Malaysia site and is well stocked with manuals in PDF format. Ironic that it is easier there than in the US.

Redwing
redwing is offline   Reply With Quote