Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Nov 13, 2004, 8:18 PM   #1

I'm pleased to say this camera FAR exceeds my expectations ! I tried some shots on a cloudy day, something my prior cameras did not do well at. I'm very impressed ! I can even see a faint hint of blue sky patches that were lost in a whitewashed mess before.

The close up capability and ease of use is great. I don't know if the Vibration Control is helping, but my shots are so detailed, even though just hand held.

I'm experimenting with the "Panorama" feature tomorrow and will try some RAW and TIFFs, now I think (?) I understand what they are.

If you are wondering if you need 8MP, or can see it on a computer screen, my opinion is a big "YES" to both !

Steve
The Scubbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 14, 2004, 3:30 AM   #2

Steve, glad to hear you're enjoying your camera.

This is my first high end camera and I'm really enjoying it as well. There are some pictures that I can get now that I could never before. Some night photography and I love the big zoom and VR.

If people want to know specific things about the camera, post questions here and I'll do my best to try out the feature and let you know what I think of it.

PS - Steve a bit ironic that we live fairly close together and bought the same camera at essentially the same time.
Allan Lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2004, 7:28 PM   #3

Hi Allan. I'm glad you seem happy as well ! Maybe there is something in the Lotus Land air that makes us trend setters ?

Steve
The Scubbler is offline   Reply With Quote