Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Dec 28, 2004, 2:28 PM   #11

That seems a very low price ! Did it include the battery, charger and other "stuff" that was in the box with mine ? I bought from a local store that directly handles warranty work with Nikon. I bought their extended warranty as I've had problems with a previous camera and had it replaced with a better one after it broke. I do think it's worth it to me to pay more and have a store to deal with. I purchased a laptop online before Xmas and it took a month and endless irritation to get it working properly. I won't buy like that again, even though I saved a couple of hundred bucks.

How do you get warranty repairs done...do you have to ship the camera to a Nikon center ?

Regards, Steve
The Scubbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2004, 4:33 PM   #12

That seems a very low price ! Did it include the battery, charger and other "stuff" that was in the box with mine ?

Yes. Everything is included and the store is highly rated as an etailer.

I bought from a local store that directly handles warranty work with Nikon.

There is a lot to be said for that. I couldn't find the camera locally and even had a hard time finding it online. I guess the camera sold well for Christmas.

I bought their extended warranty as I've had problems with a previous camera and had it replaced with a better one after it broke. I do think it's worth it to me to pay more and have a store to deal with. I purchased a laptop online before Xmas and it took a month and endless irritation to get it working properly. I won't buy like that again, even though I saved a couple of hundred bucks.

I'ven always bought my electronics online. I usually like high-end stuff and most of the local stores carry mid line wares. I've never had a problem and if you use a credit card you have 90 days to charge your purchase back.

How do you get warranty repairs done...do you have to ship the camera to a Nikon center ?

Mack deals with thousands of repair centers around the country. You can bring it to a local center, if there is one, or send it to a reapir center. If they can't fix it they will replace the camera.

traderfjp is offline   Reply With Quote