Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Dec 3, 2004, 8:40 AM   #21

Angie : You can be shure, The CP 900/4500 colectios are the best in the market,to take macrophotography. I used all of them on my work. Now I got the new one CP-8800 and is great for all photograph moments. I hope you can see this example. is 533x400 JPEG 200 pixels. From Panama. Carlitin
Attached Images

Carlitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2004, 8:53 AM   #22

Hi,

I am not in the market for an 8800 right now, but I do know of some free software from Microsoft that quite easily shrinks pictures to a number of sizes. Go to:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

The program you want to download is called image resizer. The link is on the right side of the page towards the bottom.

After you have installed it, you just right click on any picture, or group of pictures, and an option to resize image appears in a pop-up window.

Microsoft will not support this software with tech support, but I have been using it for a year with no problems. Very handy for anybody who doesn't have DSL or someone who sends pics to people without DSL.

The main settings for resizing are:

640 X 480

800 X 600

1024 X 768

There's also a custom option which lets you enter any resolution you want (though you can't change proportions).

Anyway, give it a shot. You may like it

PS. I don't work for Microsoft and I like Adobe image editing software.
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2004, 5:29 AM   #23

Ronorro : You got beatifull pictures with your CP 8800. I like macrophotography ,so , this is a another axample with this camera. dry flower, background light and a 5 inch form the object, I need to reduce but is 8 MG with the CP 8800,so you cann see wath you can do with the camera. From Panama, Carlitin
Attached Images

Carlitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2004, 8:47 PM   #24

Hi Robbo...thanks for the link to the resizing download. I did it and it works very well. Sure beats the way I've done it in the past

Steve
The Scubbler is offline   Reply With Quote