Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Dec 10, 2004, 9:23 AM   #1

Hi ! I am thinking of buying the 5700. I'm an amature "enthusiast" and belong to a camera club so I would like to upgrade from my 2 mega pix Fuji 2800. This camera really appeals to me, however I enjoy using sound capture capability in still mode. Does this camera have this capability. How would it compare to the Olympus 770 ? Thanks so much
RHeller401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 16, 2004, 1:32 PM   #2

RHeller401 wrote:
Quote:
Hi ! I am thinking of buying the 5700. I'm an amateur "enthusiast" and belong to a camera club so I would like to upgrade from my 2 mega pix Fuji 2800. This camera really appeals to me, however I enjoy using sound capture capability in still mode. Does this camera have this capability. How would it compare to the Olympus 770 ? Thanks so much
Look at the review for CP5700 on at this site - also try downloading the User Guide from the Nikon Site: ftp://HRTosth:[email protected]_En_11.pdf

Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2004, 6:27 PM   #3

I''ve been shooting with the 5700 for over a year now and in daylight I love the camera. In dim light, flash is nessasary, forget raising the asa over 100..major noise..The manual focus is useless...and i have several dead pixels now...I have a Panasonic Lumix FZ20 on order...check out the forums...12x zoom, image stablization super easy manual focus, external flash hotshoe...2.8 throughout the focal length... etc ...
here and at:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1033
lndpnt is offline   Reply With Quote