Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Dec 20, 2004, 10:09 PM   #31

IrfanView also allows you to make rotational corrections at custom ( like 1 degree) increments. If you get crooked horizons, as I often do, this allows you to straighten 'er up. I don't have this feature on any other programs I have for editing.

Steve
The Scubbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2004, 12:18 AM   #32

Capt B

Not luck at all. Actually, I was about 10 miles from DFW airport in Dallas. Waiting a few more minutes I got this shot of yet another plane taking off. Not a museum piece, but certainly an indication of the capability of the 8800 to capture a shot from a very far distance.

Walter

Attached Images

Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2004, 1:18 AM   #33

Hi all,

I just found this link, I wonder if that would be any good to anybody.:-)

http://www.nikondigitutor.com/eng/8800/index.shtml

i haven't looked into the link too deeply asI haven't actually got a CP8800 yet, but I hope it might help you all.

Greetings from

Angie
frailea123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2004, 2:42 AM   #34

hi guys,

i've been looking deeply on each photo that has been posted, they all great and show the great cababilities of cp8800 that many doubt on it.

thanx to you guys for your attachments, they will help me alot.

can anyone post some photos of cp8800 for the following:

*Portraits.

*Very fast moving car with the full shutter speed (1/3000sec) or catching the rain falling.

*Night shot Landscape for a city.

thanx again

a8j2..

a8j2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2004, 3:41 AM   #35

Walter C,

Your first moon-aircraft photo is nicely timed with the two object in a slick relative position. I understand the trick you used to get both objects in focus at the same time...very clever.

Unfortunately, I live out in the middle of nowhere about 200 km from the nearest airport and we never see aircraft that close.....but next time I fly from Paris or Brussels, I'll take along my camera and see if I can do likewise.

Meanwhile, here is a photo I took with my 8800 before I returned it.

Steve C, Strazeele, France
Attached Images

SteveCz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2004, 6:13 AM   #36

Walter C. : Great pic !, and I like the moon/plane too. As you see, the 8800 friends has the oportunity to get any type of photos..., This camera has a big manual to experiments with all the diferents menus. From my CP 990 I got the way to allways play with the Exposure Compensation, Image adjustment = More Contrast, Image Sharpening = High, so , in some situation you " burn " your pic.and the camera is small to take with you all the day, because the " photograph moment " can be in a second. Carlitin
Carlitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2004, 6:29 AM   #37

I've only had the 8800 for a couple of days. But I'm delighted with the results so far. It's certainly a move up from my old point and shoot.
Attached Images

swiss_toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2004, 6:32 AM   #38

Hi Steve : You see, the 8800 friends start to be happy with the camera. The posibilitys are infinit, Can you remember whent you need to take your 35 mm film and send to Kodak lab. or cameraman technitian and arrange in the darkroom ????. Now, in your room with your computer your have the darkroom, and the people will star to print them pics, and thath is another " world ". Some of us,will have the oportunity to have a big and good flatpanel - 17 or more inch. and fast computer, and a good printer " 4 or more inktank ". All of thath for maybe ....... 1.500 $.. A Lot of years ago, I ask for how much I need to axpend for a film darkroom, and was about 15.000 $. realy diferent. Carlitin
Old Dec 21, 2004, 6:46 AM   #39

Hey swiss Toni : You have a competition photo !!!!, GRET !!!! and to get in BW realy dificult. Congratulations. Carlitin
Old Dec 21, 2004, 8:53 AM   #40

Steve C said:

Your first moon-aircraft photo is nicely timed with the two object in a slick relative position. I understand the trick you used to get both objects in focus at the same time...very clever.

I wouldn't say it was a "trick". Simply a matter of getting used to the 8800 and being able to take advantage of features I hadn't tried before. I'm continuing to experiment and learn.

To Swiss_Toni:

A wonderful picture. Look forward to seeing more from you and your new 8800.

Walter
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote