Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Dec 28, 2004, 6:21 PM   #61

WalterC...I highly commend you on that excellent picture with the plane with the moon in the background like that. Very nice one indeed.
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2004, 10:01 PM   #62

I had the camera set in Aperture Priority, With the lens wide open and flash was used. So I could get rid of any depth of field I may have. I cropped it in Photoshop. and adjusted the contrast a little. This is the original shrunk down to 16.7% for the web page.

Do yall think the image is sharp, or a little soft?

Attached Images

Capt of Kokomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2004, 6:48 AM   #63

Looks pretty sharp to me, can we see a section of the image at 100%? You can never be too sure with a resized images.

Fanstastic couple of shots.
swiss_toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2004, 7:33 AM   #64

Excellent pictures all...
Kokomo, fantastic icicles! Look perfectly sharp to me too.
JakobG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2004, 10:09 AM   #65

Given that the idicles are cylindrical and not flat, I would say that the shot is sharp. Certainly appealing.

Walter
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2004, 9:45 PM   #66

Hi there Walter, is it possible that your camera has a stuck pixel sometimes? Such as in your dancer pic on this thread..and the arches pic on this thread..

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...93&forum_id=21

I circled the area where the dot is.
Attached Images

Old Dec 30, 2004, 10:30 PM   #67

Kenny

Wow, you are absolutely right. It shows in every picture, now that I have looked closely. How did you every spot that?

OK, so what's the solution, or do you know? I definitely need to get that fixed.

Thanks so much.

Walter
Old Dec 30, 2004, 11:02 PM   #68

Hi Walter...you're very welcome anytime. I just admire very nice photos, such as the ones you take. I also like very good quality photos, and certain things just catch my eye for some reason, like dots and things. But that's only probably because I get annoyed about ccd's developing problems with pixels so much that one thing I scan for in photos are pixel problems. Your arches photo was very nice, and I was just admiring the complete photo, including the sky...which is when I spotted a dot, so I took a look at both of the arches photos. One dot was brighter than the other, but they were in similar places. It was only later that I saw a white dot in the dancer photos...since I was looking for other photos that you took to see if a spot would be there. I get disappointed to see people paying a lot of money for something with a faulty ccd, so thought I'd just ask your opinion first to see if it really was a stuck pixel. Since I wasn't sure. Glad to be of help only.

I think that it's best to just get the camera exchanged. Then for your new camera (you probably know already how to check)...is just keep the lens cap on, and see if there's any pixels that are really bright in the darkness.
Old Dec 31, 2004, 1:04 PM   #69

Kenny

I sent an email last nightto Nikon describing the problem. I'll keep you updated on their response.

I bought the 8800 on line from a Chicago-based dealer. I'm in Texas. Hopefully, Nikon won't make me go through the dealer to get the problem fixed.

Again, thanks for your tip.

Walter
Old Jan 1, 2005, 3:40 AM   #70

You're welcome anytime Walter. I hope that everything gets sorted out smoothly. It should be ok anyhow..whichever way it goes, pretty sure they're going to have to give you a new camera. Once it arrives, try to check that the new camera they give is really a new one (serial etc etc)...and not the same one with remapped pixels or something like that. All the best Walter.