Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jan 16, 2005, 1:35 AM   #81

I can't get my 8800 to focus in macro. I have tried everything I can think of, but it just won't work. Any ideas?
opaladdict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 12:45 PM   #82

Try putting the zoom in wideangle mode and then pressing the macro mode. Then move the camera in to your subject and press your shutter button half way. Give this a try and let mw know if this works for you.
traderfjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2005, 11:02 AM   #83

Walter C wrote:
Quote:
On the Mediterranean cruise on the Crystal Serenity we had both sunny and grey days. I took the 8800 and an Olympus pocket sized D-50. Wound up using the 8800 nearly all the time.

Walter,

I will be cruising on the Crystal Symphony in May. How did you like the cruise. I have previously been to Tahiti on the Paul Gaugin and hope this cruise is enjoyable as that one was. Thanks, and thanks for the great photos.
buffaloboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2005, 12:43 PM   #84

Buffaloboy

In a word the Crystal Serenity cruise was OUTSTANDING. Everything was strictly top-notch. The food was out of this world, so to speak, and service was excellent. I'd certainly sail with them again.

Here's my son-in-law tasting one of the wines

Walter
Attached Images

Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2005, 2:38 PM   #85

Here's a moon shot with the 1.7 teleconverter. Hand held. Love the VR.
Attached Images

Old Codger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2005, 4:38 PM   #86

Walter C wrote:
Quote:
Buffaloboy

In a word the Crystal Serenity cruise was OUTSTANDING. Everything was strictly top-notch. The food was out of this world, so to speak, and service was excellent. I'd certainly sail with them again.

Here's my son-in-law tasting one of the wines

Walter

Looks pretty formal. Guess it's time to go out and buy a tux. I'm planning on purchasing an 8800 in the next couple of weeks, just looking for a good deal, so that I have a couple of months of practice before the cruise. I anticipate a lot of photo ops along the way. I'm heading to Monte Carlo, Portofino, Sardinia, St. Tropez, and Barcelona on the cruise and then Greece afterwards. Don't feel like lugging my N80 and lenses with me everywhere I go.
buffaloboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2005, 11:47 PM   #87

Kenny_Leong wrote:
Quote:
Hi Walter...you're very welcome anytime. I just admire very nice photos, such as the ones you take. I also like very good quality photos, and certain things just catch my eye for some reason, like dots and things. But that's only probably because I get annoyed about ccd's developing problems with pixels so much that one thing I scan for in photos are pixel problems. Your arches photo was very nice, and I was just admiring the complete photo, including the sky...which is when I spotted a dot, so I took a look at both of the arches photos. One dot was brighter than the other, but they were in similar places. It was only later that I saw a white dot in the dancer photos...since I was looking for other photos that you took to see if a spot would be there. I get disappointed to see people paying a lot of money for something with a faulty ccd, so thought I'd just ask your opinion first to see if it really was a stuck pixel. Since I wasn't sure. Glad to be of help only.

I don't know how close you are to a Nikon repair centre, but I had lots of hot pixels on my old cp885. I took it to the local Nikon repair and warehouse centre, and they took it in right away, and within 20 minutes had removed all the offending hot spots. Apparently they run a program through the camera somehow, and it cleans up the ccd. Hope this helps. thekman ps:mind you, if your camera is brand new, I'd try to get it replaced, but chances are, another pixel could rear its ugly head at any time. kman.

I think that it's best to just get the camera exchanged. Then for your new camera (you probably know already how to check)...is just keep the lens cap on, and see if there's any pixels that are really bright in the darkness.
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote