Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Dec 31, 2004, 4:13 AM   #11

Kenny,

Agreed, red eye is a problem with the G6.

Steve
SteveCz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 10:05 AM   #12

SteveCz wrote:
Quote:
Kenny,

Agreed, red eye is a problem with the G6.

Steve
Kenny and Steve:

I have the same problem with my G2. If you use flash a lot, you should buy the Canon 420 flash to use with your G6. I've been using one with my G2 for three years, and it's fantastic.It works so much better than the bulit-in flash, and it will get rid of that redeye....

regards....Santos
Santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 2:16 PM   #13

Santos,

Thanks for the detailed advice. I've been bewildered by the choices of flash available for my G6 and will definitelycheck out the 420 Canon Flash.

Steve C.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 1:31 PM   #14

SteveCz wrote:
Quote:
Santos,

Thanks for the detailed advice. I've been bewildered by the choices of flash available for my G6 and will definitelycheck out the 420 Canon Flash.

Steve C.
Hi Steve:

I just bought a G6, and the Canon 420 EX flash works great with it. The only thing that doesn't work is the focus assist light on the flash, but I believe that's the case with other manufacturers flash as well.

By the way, the flash is larger than the camera. If that bothers you, Canon make a smaller flash, but it doesn't have the swivel and bounce head that the 420 does.

regards...Santos
Santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 4:45 PM   #15

Here we go again, and again, and AGAIN

One of the two determined bashers of the 8800 has started yet another thread aimed at putting down the 8800.

We've been over this til we're all blue in the face. Different cameras have plusses and minuses. Agreed. For those of us on this 8800 forum the issue is how to get the most out of our choice. We've offered hundreds of photo to illustrate our accomplishments, or our limitations. THAT should be helpful to those visiting this forum who are considering the 8800. They can then go to other forums to compare the actual outputs from other cameras.

Talk is cheap, and sometimes skewed or biased.

Steve Cz, you keep talking about giving us a moon shot or something else. Forget it, or post it where it belongs (the Canon forum). You haven't really offered anything new to discuss.

Thanks

Walter
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2005, 1:47 AM   #16

Hey Walter,

I've been trying for a moon shot for weeks now, but here in Northern France, it's overcast most of the time. But be patient, I won't let you down.

:?

Steve

Old Feb 5, 2005, 1:16 AM   #17

I've got to say that I bought an 8800 this week for under £550 and I think it's brilliant. I don't get the low-light problems others have mentioned and the zoom is amazing.

My only problem is that the scene selection [which I don't think I'll make great use of] has a habit of sticking: i.e. I can't readily change from one scene to another, unless [for some reason] I go tothe manual setting. Maybe a more detailed reading of the manual will help.

I bought the 8800 to complement my Olympus E1 outfit: got a ski trip coming up and don't fancy taking the VERY expensive E1 gear on a long haul to Colorado!
slioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2005, 10:00 PM   #18
wll

Don't mean to interrupt but have any of you tried the 8400 ?

I have one and it is just surperb. The images are crystal clear, fast response time, and add on lenses if you need them.

I installed the battery pack and now I have a great set up.

I bought this camera to fit my needs, interior shots, shots of vendors at business shows, etc, I must admit that my shots are mostly wide angle.

If I was planning on wildlife, nature shots, or sports I would probably choose a DSLR ...... but lets see what PMA has in store.

Bill
wll is offline   Reply With Quote