Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Oct 30, 2002, 9:30 PM   #1

Default Help with printing

Hi I'm new to the world of digital cameras. I purchased a nikon 775 and I am trying to print on an Epson C80. They are all comming out grainy, I took the pic at the highest res . and size.

When I down size the pic to 4x5 and change the dpi from 72 to 500 then to 1000 it comes out grainy,

What can I change or what am I doing wrong.
Thanks Kris
coffeekris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 31, 2002, 10:06 AM   #2

What program do you print from ?

Never change the pixel dimension! This will resample your photo when you print it. You have to make sure the pic is not resampled. So don't change the resulotion of the pic from i.e 1600x1200 to 1024 x 768 - and think this will get you the best printout quality - it won't. Change only the papersize/doc.size or what it's called in your printprogram.

If your'e using Photoshop it's really easy to get at good result. But lot's of programs can do the job for you.

The problem also could be, that you haven't changed the printerdriver settings to the best solution and right papertype.
You have to check that first!

Good luck!
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2002, 4:10 PM   #3

Thanks
I use corel Photo Paint 8.
When I go to the picture and check properties it says the resolution is 300 horixontal and Vertical. The width is 1600 ? and the height is 1200? (I don't know what that is)
When I go into resample the size it says it is only at 72dpi.
coffeekris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2002, 4:26 PM   #4

As far as I remember in Photopaint 8 and further you're able to get a graphic pics of a paper, with you photo on. You're able to resize it directly on the paper. You should'nt have to change the dpi yourself.
1600x1200 pixels is the size of the photo shown on the screen. 1600 dots vertical and 1200 horisontal. The important issue is the dpi (dot per inch) - you should print at - at least 300 dpi. The more the better and sharper photo.
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote