Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Oct 31, 2002, 6:54 PM   #1

Default BRIDGEVIEW PHOTO.COM/EXECUTIVE CAMERAS.COM

has anyone done any business with BRIDGEVIEWPHOTO.COM or EXECUTIVECAMERAS.COM?

they're selliing the 5700 for less than $1000 (NOT a grey mkt item. brand new, full mfr USA warranty. and original sealed box w/mfr supplied accessories).

the store site has a CNET rating of 3 stars (max for CNET).

http://www.bridgeviewphoto.com/produ...0&referer=cnet
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 31, 2002, 9:28 PM   #2

Try www.buydig.com.
I just bought a 5700 for $919. This is my fourth camera from them. They are not perfect, they will still try to get you to buy an extended warranty or over-priced accessory. But all of their merchandise is new, with US warranty. They will also try to get you to upgrade to 3 day shipment for $20 extra, I found that their standard shipment is FedEx 3day for $24.
Enjoy!
Laserjock
Laserjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2002, 10:38 PM   #3

Here's the deal...Nikon only provides warranty coverage on cameras sold through authorized Nikon dealers, regardless of the inclusion of a warranty card in the box. If the dealer is not autorized it makes no difference if there is a warranty card included upon purchase. The large majority of on line camera sellers are not authorized dealers. Go to Nikonusa.com, where you will find a list of authorized dealers in your area or any area for that matter. Recently Nikon offered some of it's dealers financial incentives and as a result the price on the 5700 has dropped a bit. The cheapest I've found from an authorized dealer is at 17th Street Photo Supply...$1000 with a free 128MB Microtech complact flash. Good luck
david@wahnon.name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2002, 11:07 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Here's the deal...Nikon only provides warranty coverage on cameras sold through authorized Nikon dealers, regardless of the inclusion of a warranty card in the box. If the dealer is not autorized it makes no difference if there is a warranty card included upon purchase. The large majority of on line camera sellers are not authorized dealers. Go to Nikonusa.com, where you will find a list of authorized dealers in your area or any area for that matter. Recently Nikon offered some of it's dealers financial incentives and as a result the price on the 5700 has dropped a bit. The cheapest I've found from an authorized dealer is at 17th Street Photo Supply...$1000 with a free 128MB Microtech complact flash. Good luck
:?
where does that leave WALMART, a high profile, well known, highly respected, and established store that is selling the 5700 at their web site store (not a great price, but that's besides the point) with a USA warranty? They're not on NIKON USA's official list.

does this mean that their warranty is void and null?
it doesn't seem plausible that WALMART would leave their customers in a lurch and destroy their reputation at the same time.
Old Nov 21, 2002, 4:59 PM   #5

Unfortunatley that's what it means. If Wal mart is not listed as an authorized Nikon dealer then you have no warranty. In fact Nikon will not repair a Nikon camera purchased from an unauthorized dealer...even of you are willing to pay cash dollars. And they know the serial numbers of the cameras stocked by authorized dealers. I've gotten this info from two separate phone calls to Nikon.
If anyone knows otherwise please share. By the way, I just purchased the 5700 earlier today (I couldn't hold out any longer) from 17th Street Photo Supply. Also, B&H has lowered their price to $1049, though 17th Street Photo Supply is still a better deal. The price there is $1000 with a 128MB compact flash. I made a deal with the guy there, I paid an extra $58 to upgrade to a 256MB compact flash.
david@wahnon.name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2002, 12:53 PM   #6

ok....I was a little concerned about the authorized dealer issue so I emailed NIKON USA about it.
WalMart is authorized to sell consumer level products, which includes all Coolpix cameras. I'm guessing that it's a case by case basis and if a question should arise, we need to email them.
8)
Old Dec 4, 2002, 2:06 PM   #7

ok....
emailed NIKON USA about BRIDGEVIEWPHOTO.COM and EXECUTIVECAMERAS.COM and their non-grey market 5700 with the full mfr's USA warranty. According to them, if 5700 has the Nikon Inc. warranty information, it will be honored for repairs.

my question remains as to who has done business with them? :?:

also, even though they are at the same physical address, BRIDGEVIEWPHOTO.COM said that they're not one and the same....just in the same bldg? :?
Old Dec 6, 2002, 11:19 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserjock
Try www.buydig.com.
I just bought a 5700 for $919. This is my fourth camera from them. They are not perfect, they will still try to get you to buy an extended warranty or over-priced accessory. But all of their merchandise is new, with US warranty. They will also try to get you to upgrade to 3 day shipment for $20 extra, I found that their standard shipment is FedEx 3day for $24.
Enjoy!
Laserjock
my friend mentioned that he bought a Sony digidcam from them some time back. they seem to to be pretty good. however, i noticed that their price for the 5700 is $964. how did you get it for $919? who did you talk to? :?:
thnx....
Old Dec 6, 2002, 10:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ws
[\quote]my friend mentioned that he bought a Sony digidcam from them some time back. they seem to to be pretty good. however, i noticed that their price for the 5700 is $964. how did you get it for $919? who did you talk to? :?:
thnx....
It's been over a month since I bought the camera. I have noticed that camera prices are very volatile, especially if it's the one you want :-). I called them twice, one day it was $969 and the next it was $919 so I bought it. I think it's the luck of the draw. I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but if you buy from them don't upgrade to 3 day shipping. It will not gain you anything and will likely cost you $20 more. Their normal delivery is 3 day from FedEx, though they will lead you to believe it will take 5 to 10 days for standard delivery.

--Laserjock
Old Dec 6, 2002, 11:06 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ws
ok....
emailed NIKON USA about BRIDGEVIEWPHOTO.COM and EXECUTIVECAMERAS.COM and their non-grey market 5700 with the full mfr's USA warranty. According to them, if 5700 has the Nikon Inc. warranty information, it will be honored for repairs.

my question remains as to who has done business with them? :?:

also, even though they are at the same physical address, BRIDGEVIEWPHOTO.COM said that they're not one and the same....just in the same bldg? :?
Makes sense that all you need is the original warranty card for service. It didn't make sense to me that Nikon would not honor their warranty if the camera was NOT bought from an authorized dealer.

Thanks for the correct info.

--Laserjock