Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Dec 30, 2004, 12:22 PM   #1

There are number of merchants selling the 8800 between price range of $669-$999

http://www.pricehead.com/product.asp...p;showall=true

Can somebody please suggest me for the merchant:?

Thanks

Ravi
ravigali is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 30, 2004, 12:35 PM   #2
Administrator

Go to Shopping.com here:

http://www.dealtime.com/xCP-Nikon_Co...T-1~VK-3012386

Look down the list until you see the one that is outlined in blue, it will say "Smart Buy" Lowest price from a trusted store.

Beware of the guys who advertise the lowest prices - most of them are NYC ripoff artists and will scam you - not worth the hassle I assure you !

Check out any new vendor that you haven't dealt with -before the sale at:

http://www.resellerratings.com

steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2004, 12:38 PM   #3

I'd recommend to you profeel.com ... if you do a google search and look up 'epinions profeel' ..then check out their reviewer rating. 5 stars. I bought a camera from them...nobody will call you up and upsell you things, nobody will be rude to you, and your product will be in stock, and the product will either arrive ahead of time, or on time. I trust them completely.

I agree with steve completely. Be extremely aware of the places that advertise the very lowest prices. While they may not be crooks etc, they sure behave in similar ways. And even if the label reads 'trusted store', I'd take a look at the reviews first before carrying through with an order. Otherwise you'll encounter the usual thing... ie..you order the in-stock item. Then later get a call from somebody to tell you that you should call them to confirm your credit information. You call them..and you get some scammy representative trying to sell you more items. You refuse the extra items they offer. Then they tell you the item isn't in stock. The list of nightmare stories goes on.... see the reviews to read the horror stories. Some people even decided to risk it...but ended up in the same situation...and wasted their time, and sometimes...wasted some money on shipping costs.

Maybe you can check out 17th street photo supply as well. Another one with very good ratings. 5 stars. I'm not saying that these places are the only ones you should buy from. Other places can be ok too, but check the reviews first.
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2004, 9:41 PM   #4

I see. When I bought from Profeel...they definitely didn't open my canon g6 package before. They definitely won't mess customers around, that's for sure.
Old Dec 31, 2004, 3:28 AM   #5

I just purchased my 8800 from buydig.com and was very satisifed with the whole experience (price, shipping). I would do business with them again.
phed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2004, 8:31 AM   #6

Take a look at this link first ...

http://www.epinions.com/webs-Web_Ser...nion_list#list

followed by this link ...

http://www.epinions.com/webs-Web_Ser...nion_list#list

Take into consideration the number of customers that did the reviews in each, and the average number of stars in the rating.
Old Dec 31, 2004, 11:02 AM   #7

I've been buying electronics off the Internet since the inception of Amazon.com. I've never had a problem. This is after 6 computers, 4 digital cameras, monitors, Pocket Pc's, Palms, Phones, etc. etc.For non electronics I've purchased a snow blower, table saw, drills, etc. I repeat I've never had a problem. Local merchants, in my part of the woods, don't have much of a selection. I could only find the 8700 and it was more then what e-merchants wanted for the 8800. There are a few things to consider. Does the camera have a USA warranty? Is the e-tailer a Nikon authorized dealer? If the e-tailer reputable? There are several companies based in Brooklyn and I've read stories that they take your order via the Net and then make you call to confirm. When you call they won't sell you the camera unless you buy their outrageously high prices accessories. I bought my 8800 from buydig.com and got a 5 year Mack warranty for another $59.00. If you're looking to try the camera out and then return it you will pay a re-stocking fee at my online dealers. Good luck.
traderfjp is offline   Reply With Quote