Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jan 4, 2005, 5:04 PM   #11

traderfjp

I did a test like you said from when i heard it click till the hour glass went and the screen came back using my wrist watch timer, i took 3 shots on eachsubject about 5 foot away and no flashand took the average and got....

Tiff 15.20 sec

Raw 8.80 sec

Extra 2.73sec

Fine about the same there wasn't much to shout about

Norm 2.36sec

Basic 2.23sec

Thats with my Lexar 80x

Skes
skes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2005, 5:19 PM   #12

SKES:

The only thing I don't like about this camerais the write times. It would have been great if Nikon added a larger buffer to increase write times. I guess they will for their next release.The D70 has almost no wait time so I know Nikon has the technology. I like to shoot in Extra so if I can get under 3 seconds I would be very happy. I would guess that after a while the camera's buffer would get filled and then the write times between shots would increase. Have you experienced this with your 8800?

Thanks so much. You saved me some hassles.
traderfjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2005, 5:40 PM   #13

traderfjp

I paid about £67 for mine.

When i'm using mine i dont really find it too much hassle because i'm not always wanting to take shots one after the other, but i do sometimes notice the green card come up i get the impression it seems to wait to see if your taking anymore and if your not it uses that time to empty the buffer :lol:

i use Extra all the time i cant see the point of using anything less, they maybe bigger files but hey i have a 1gig card and i dont notice much difference if any between extra and fine regards saving times

skes
skes is offline   Reply With Quote