Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jan 5, 2005, 6:34 PM   #11

eeeeeee i remember when i was a ladi used to borrow 2 quid (pounds) of mi mam to go out wi mi mate, that got me a few pints ten fags and a chip butty on way home.

Now its £2.65 just for Fish n Chips, Petrols about £3.90 a Gallon, and i think that pints over £2 now, dont know for sure i dont drink or smoke for that matter, and i only breath whilst i'm indoors in case they tax me for that too.
skes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 11:20 PM   #12

The Scubbler wrote:
Quote:
But look on the bright side, you have fish n' chips on each corner and we only get donuts.

Steve
HAKK...KAFFF!!!....HARRUMMPH!! Uh, Scubbler mate...have a gander at the menu I snapped last year in England. Ye old fish and chippe shop has been Monty Pythonized...Spam, Spam, and more Spam, mate. Oh yeah, and deep fried spam!! not to mention the chops, and mushy peas...Best regards,

KennethD
Attached Images

KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 11:23 PM   #13

Look at this Scubbler, mate...to go with the Spam!
Attached Images

Old Jan 6, 2005, 2:56 AM   #14

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for giving me a good grin:-)in the morning. Very funny photos, even though they are real. Where did you take them?

I didn't think you could still buy Spam. And wild boar, well it must have taken them a while to find and catch them:-)

I have never seen a boar in the wild here in England, some zoos have them.

Shall we start a funny or weird photo thread:?

Greetings from

Angie
frailea123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 3:20 AM   #15

Hi Angie, I will dig out the original and look up the data, and post it later. I believe it was in a town called Salsy, or something very close to that name. Not that far from London. But I couldn't tell you the name of the eatery...I just snapped the pics, as I was sightseeing. Stayed there for about a week, and yes, I did have a lot of fish and chips too. But in all honesty the very first time I was in England, in 1967, the fish and chips were world class, newspaper and all. Best regards,

KennethD
Old Jan 6, 2005, 11:31 AM   #16

With the Atlantic cod stocks ready to disappear forever you might find that the onlything left to eat in the UK is Indian Curry and Turkish Kebabs....both of which can be very good with a cold beer. :?

Steve C
SteveCz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 5:07 PM   #17

I saw... one moment... my bitmapped brain is wandering... the debut Pink Floyd gig at UFO in Tottenham Court Road in 1967... with Syd Barrett... when it 'meant' something... rather than the mindless trivial one-dimensional meanderings we now know...

My 8800 would have been handy then... but with low light, lack of contrast, pathetic autofocus, low power speedlight, joss sticks, illegal substances, impressionable ladies... no accessories...

Hell, I was there...

Bruce

brucegarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2005, 8:16 AM   #18

...but seriously getting back to the topic:

As of today the lowest price for an 8800 in the UK is 550.00 (US$1033.00) and in the US is 383.00 (US$720.00).

I bought mine when they were first available and paid 700.00 (US$1315.00).

Bruce
brucegarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2005, 8:44 AM   #19

brucegarrett wrote:
Quote:

I saw... one moment... my bitmapped brain is wandering... the debut Pink Floyd gig at UFO in Tottenham Court Road in 1967... with Syd Barrett... when it 'meant' something... rather than the mindless trivial one-dimensional meanderings we now know...

My 8800 would have been handy then... but with low light, lack of contrast, pathetic autofocus, low power speedlight, joss sticks, illegal substances, impressionable ladies... no accessories...

Hell, I was there...

Bruce
How about this? ... hehe... I remember when George W Bush was president...The scott peterson trial case...the terrible tsunami incident of 2004, and the war on terrorism, and the nikon 8800. Those were the days!
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2005, 11:55 AM   #20

frailea123 wrote:
Quote:
Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for giving me a good grin:-)in the morning. Very funny photos, even though they are real. Where did you take them?

I didn't think you could still buy Spam. And wild boar, well it must have taken them a while to find and catch them:-)

I have never seen a boar in the wild here in England, some zoos have them.

Shall we start a funny or weird photo thread:?

Greetings from

Angie
Hey Angie...Yep I was close with name of the town, it was Selsey. I started a thread but I sorta forgot which 8800 topic itwas under I posted the two menu pic there. I called it wierd things on the menu or some such title. We're currently freezing here....minus 20 something at the moment. AAAArgh!!! Ya, I need a distraction !!!

Best regards,

KennethD