Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jan 14, 2005, 9:27 AM   #11

Having seen Prince Harry in his Nazi uniform costume, taken with a cell phone camera I am reminded that there are certain instances where quality isn't necessarily as important as the historical importance of the shot. There are probably situations where the digital zoom feature would help if you were a budding papperazzi (spelling?). Think of what the guy got (or could have demanded) for that poor quality shot of Prince Harry.

Walter
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 9:52 AM   #12

Walter C wrote:
Quote:
Having seen Prince Harry in his Nazi uniform costume, taken with a cell phone camera I am reminded that there are certain instances where quality isn't necessarily as important as the historical importance of the shot. There are probably situations where the digital zoom feature would help if you were a budding papperazzi (spelling?). Think of what the guy got (or could have demanded) for that poor quality shot of Prince Harry.

Walter
This reminds me...where has the freedom gone in this world? So he does something like wear a costume to a party, and the whole world bags him. I reckon that the world should just mind their own damn business when it comes to this sort of thing. Too many nosey stickybeaks in the world today. I'm talking about the media here....eg..we don't interfere with their social activities....so why do they think they can interfere and throw their weight around on other people's social activities?
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 11:39 AM   #13

Kenny,

"Too many nosy stickybeaks...." says it perfectly.

Steve C

SteveCz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 11:43 AM   #14

I also like(d) your description of the situation the way you view it SteveCZ (before the re-edit hehe). That's true...first it's the media that wipes out his mum (even though the car driver was at fault as well), and now they're going out to mess with other family members, because they got nothing better to do.
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 10:17 PM   #15

I thought this was a discussion about Digicams not outfits...

I'd really like to see a new Nikon with the swivel lense. They were the best Macro cameras on the market and took images way ahead of the other cameras available during the same time. Not sure why they totally scrapped it since it was so popular. They really don't seem to have a middle of the line camera anymore.
host is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 1:25 AM   #16

Kenny_Leong wrote:
Quote:
I think that all digital camera companies should just scrap the digital zoom in digicameras.
Based on my 6-mos.-limited digicam experience, and my 40 yrs. of 35, 625 and 4X5 film experience, I heartily agree with your statement. Sheesh! POS!

Cheers,

F2Guy
F2Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 11:48 AM   #17

Handycam, Kenny-Leong..Been reading your comments. I'm an oldie, human that is, but new to the camera world. I have the Nikon 8800, it's digtial, I think, and I "m very happy with the pictures, 10x, and all the other wonderful gadets that I.m still not familiar with. I suspect if Ispent yearswith SLRs,35 MM, I wouldcritique the wonders of the ditial world.I suspect that the Nikon 8800 is not for the professional.
Coalminer is offline   Reply With Quote