Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jan 14, 2005, 11:50 AM   #11

Hi Earl,

I am not a Cp8800 owner yet:-), I was just trying the camera out, to see if it would do what I want it to do.

Have you got any trouble with close ups with the Cp8800? As I wasn't sure, how to get there, I probably made mistakes and thats why it wouldn't work for me, I just couldn't get close ups in focus.

Greetings from

Angie
frailea123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 12:17 PM   #12

If you're referring to macro's (flower centers, bugs, etc.),it does these very well.

Here's a test I shot the other day. The camera will focus up to 1.2"! Could've been sharper but was hand-held.

Earl

Attached Images

pdlstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 3:00 PM   #13

Hi Angie. Your pics look good ! I couldn't find a chip shop anywhere...but did see the sign for bacon sani (?), so grease is available !

The quick way to get a close up is to push the AF button on the left front side of the lens barrel twice. You will see a little mountain symbol on the first push and then a rose, indicating close up mode. You'll hear the lens growling as it tries to focus.

If you select Scene mode, press the menu button and all the choices appear. You can then scroll to Close Up and select your focusing zone ( pretty handy for off centre compositions.

Those are good shots for low light, eh ? Better buy one !!!

Steve
The Scubbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2005, 1:39 AM   #14

Hi Steve,

Yes, I was quite impressed with the zoom. When I was still taking 135mm film photos with my Minolta 7000, I had a good zoom lense on there. I missed that with the CP4500. But the close ups with the cp4500 made up for it, it open a new world for me.

So I might have to go back and try the close up with the CP8800, because that is also important to me now.

Yes, I will buy one in the end, unfortunately the shop were I tried the camera is still more expensive then the other 2 in town, £649 they want. both the others want £599 now. Also the shop were I tried the 8800 is closing down for a few months as they just bought the shop next door and are going to knock them into one. There might be a few special offers when they re-open. At the moment the place is so small, it is full when there are 2 customers in there.

Thanks for advice on the close-ups I'll definitely will try that.

I might go hunting to get some photos of all the fish and chip shops in the area:-)for you, if you miss them that much:G

greetings from

Angie
frailea123 is offline   Reply With Quote