Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Dec 7, 2005, 11:29 AM   #21

Hi

Did those of you who have the nosie have it from the beginning? I have had my 8800 for almost a year now and the first time I heard it was two days ago. Im quite sure it can't have been there before. It sounds as if the camera was on 'filming' although it isn't.

sunny

sunny_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 9:40 AM   #22

Will send it to Nikon. Was in a shop with it today; the man said it sounded as if the stabilizer was working permanently. Best wishes sunny
sunny_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2005, 7:20 PM   #23

I've had mine for over a year now, I heard it the first dayI got it and it still does it, and touch wood it still works perfect, I dont even notice it now unless it's very quite.

skes
skes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2005, 9:24 PM   #24

I have a CP8800 and never heard anything like this fan noise until just last week. I have had my camera for exactly a year. Two things I have done differently this past week. I turned on the active VR to see how different it was from standard VR and second I took the camera to Death Valley and drove over incredibly rough roads with it in the truck. It was in a padded camera bag and well cushioned but the noise started this past week.

I have not noticed any difference in the quality of the pictures.

Bill
Curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2006, 3:15 AM   #25

Every CP8800 must have that noise. Many might not noticing it before they read this post, because it is extremely quiet. That kind of hissing noise doesn't sound like any mechanism at all but electirc current. It might not cause any problem (I HOPE). However, I still love this camera, and I've found that the majority of its owner loving it. So, I guess we gotta' live with it!:roll:

Come on, you don't have to change lenses and shoot like a pro!
Nikon8800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2006, 12:57 PM   #26

Hi
Today almost all electronic devices such as dig. camera uses voltage converters to convert battery voltage to several fixed voltages, need for diferent parts inside. Focus and zoom motors, lcd, processor. Backlight works usualy on high voltage. Voltage converters usually works on high frequency, cca 20 kHz and some parts inside can easy start to resonate, most likely are converters inductors. If it not affects on camera operatin or if if it not to loud, everything is ok. Also some camera all the time adjust focus, without pressing shutter, so the motor is always running.
I hope this comment is usefull.
Rgds
emes is offline   Reply With Quote