Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Feb 24, 2005, 8:23 AM   #1

Anyone heard when these will become available, or know where to purchase one? I have had one ordered through Amazon for over 2 months, and it keeps getting delayed.
AtomicPope is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 24, 2005, 4:46 PM   #2

They are available in the UK from Park Cameras at £19.99

http://www.parkcameras.com/
Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2005, 8:44 AM   #3

Catbells wrote:
Quote:
They are available in the UK from Park Cameras at £19.99

http://www.parkcameras.com/
unable to help me here in the states though. They do not ship here. thanks anyway. Anyone know of any other places? I ordered the one through Amazon on Jan 15. They are now saying ti will be the end of April before it ships.
AtomicPope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2005, 10:01 AM   #4

I got a 8800 to 58MM adapter ring from http://nextphoto.net/

and it fits perfect. I can now use any filter I want. Got a rubber lens hood from local camera shop, Circular polarizer, and I always keep a UV filter on for protection.

The adapter ring does not interfere with lens at all and can be left on.

Be sure to order a new lens cap, or buy one locally to fit new size.

I would probably get the 67mm though because I get some vignetting at wide angles with the polarizer and with the lens hood. But I usually crop some any way.

Great Quality and shipment from next photo.

BKD

Attached Images

Capt of Kokomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2005, 1:13 PM   #5

I got the 62mm converter as it is nearly the same size as the camera body. the 67mm is bigger and might catch. As to NextPhoto, they are certainly a very good company to purchase from. I got the converter from tham which sadly had a production problem. After contacting them they airmailed the free replacement which has been on my camera ever since. I use a B+W UV filter($3 eBay) Sunpak Circ.Polerizer ($5 eBay) and some Kalcor Macro lenses ($5 eBay). Works great for me.
RugbyEng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2005, 11:16 AM   #6

RugbyEng wrote:
Quote:
I got the 62mm converter as it is nearly the same size as the camera body. the 67mm is bigger and might catch. As to NextPhoto, they are certainly a very good company to purchase from. I got the converter from tham which sadly had a production problem. After contacting them they airmailed the free replacement which has been on my camera ever since. I use a B+W UV filter($3 eBay) Sunpak Circ.Polerizer ($5 eBay) and some Kalcor Macro lenses ($5 eBay). Works great for me.

I am a newbie to this site but am very interested in this topic. I recently ordered an 8800 and have been searching for the last week for the FF-CP11NC filter from Nikon. I now know what you all know that this filter may as well not exist because it is more rare than a Bigfoot siting.Subsequently, I was encouraged to see this thread and hope someone can provide insight into a few questions:

Who is the manufacturer of the CP8800-62mm thread adaptor?

Will the lens still fully retract with the 62mm adaptor?

And finally, I have located Nikon 62mm snap on replacement lens caps on various websites. Will these properly snap on to any 62mm filter?

thanks

ncnikonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2005, 11:14 PM   #7

Its ...

:idea: http://www.nextphoto.net

zeekes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2005, 2:40 AM   #8

Think I bought an ND4 by Nikon when I bought my 8800. Never used it since I stepped up to a 58 mm adaptor ring. If you are interested let me know and I will see if I can find it.

Bill

P.S. Highly recommend you abandon the Nikon filters and get an adaptor and lenses from else where .. better selection and less expensive. The Nextphoto people are very nice.
Curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2005, 7:31 AM   #9

ncnikonfan wrote:
Who is the manufacturer of the CP8800-62mm thread adaptor?
http://nextphoto.net/
Will the lens still fully retract with the 62mm adaptor?
Yes
And finally, I have located Nikon 62mm snap on replacement lens caps on various websites. Will these properly snap on to any 62mm filter?
Yes indeedy
[/quote]

I've been using the 62mm adaptor for quite a while and it's great. And it means that if you invest in some decent filters you've got a good chance they'll fit you next purchase.
swiss_toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2005, 8:00 AM   #10

Thanks to all for the info. I have ordered the adaptor and look forward to a much more adaptable solution.
ncnikonfan is offline   Reply With Quote