Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Dec 2, 2002, 12:05 PM   #1

Default Coolpix 5000 image dating?

I just bought a Nikon Coolpix 5000. It is mostly for my wife and one feature that she REALLY wants is to have the date inscribed onto the image when we have it professionally printed. I know the date is in the jpeg file and I know that it can be manually inserted but she insists that she is tired or writing dates on the backs of photos. Are there any photo processors or programs that will annotate this info from the file to the image automatically similar to how it is done on many film cameras? Thanks!
pdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 13, 2002, 12:57 AM   #2

I know when I take my CF cards to Ritz and have them printed on the Fuji Frontier Color Lab, the dates are always on the back of my prints.

Of course, now that I think about it.. I've never really double checked the dates.. I wonder if the dates are image creation dates that the Frontier CL pulls out of the EXIF information, or if it simply uses the file date on the CF card which isn't always accurate, especially if you've been moving files around on the computer then back to a CF card to get printed..

I'll have to check those out.
LordAthens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2002, 8:28 AM   #3

Well, I guess it is mute now, my wife insisted on this feature and the camera did not have it so it has gone back. The sony F717 does have it so I am going to give this one a try. It's a shame because I sure liked the cp 5000. Seems to me someone would come out with this feature in software. I'd rather have the image stored without the date overwritten into it then have the option of adding it without having to type it on each image. I know this is stupid to most but she wants what she wants.
pdeal is offline   Reply With Quote