Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jan 13, 2003, 12:17 PM   #11

to Klaus...
wowwww....ok, I'm convinced that it's a great lens. what's your opinion on how the lens performs for candid shots of people sitting around and just talking (i.e. - party, dinner, wedding, kids hanging arouind together at a table?)?

by the way, loved your shot of the duck. it's so exquisitely intimate, quiet, and fuzzy feeling.
pixrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2003, 4:58 PM   #12

The converter is a 420mm lens - no optical zoom!
That's why I find it difficult to use for partyshot, birthdays a.s.o. But it can be done with some training. I've used it to take shots of my kid and her friends - outside in the snow. Worked great. My flash SB-24 works very well with it and the flash on CP5700 goes very good also...however not as powerful as "24".

If you noticed the exifdata on the duckshot, you maybe noticed the shuttertime for that shot...1/43sec. On freehand. But I dont image you can use it indoor without a flash.

I had my thoughts buying the lens because...I mean...how much will I use it ? And when...but since I had the TC for my OLD CP990 I knew it was a good buy for me...It just ad more flexibility to your photos I think...
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2003, 5:04 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus DK
"If you noticed the exifdata on the duckshot, you maybe noticed the shuttertime for that shot...1/43sec. On freehand. But I dont image you can use it indoor without a flash.
i'm impressed....shooting at 1/43 sec is pretty steady. I don't even shoot that steady.

as for the TC-E15ED, You've convinced me that it's good enough for what I want to shoot at.

thnx Klaus....
pixrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2003, 11:04 AM   #14

Default Klaus, Have you tried adding a lens to th TC-E15ED?

Hi Klaus,
Like your photos a lot.
Have you tried adding a 2x or 3x on top of the TC-E15ED, if so, what limitations?
Is there much vignetting with the TC-E15ED?
Could you point me to a website with testing?
Thanks, trying to make a decision and have read a lot, but need first hand knowledge from someone reliable and that be you!
Regards
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2003, 11:31 AM   #15

Hi Wilson.

No doubt that the TC-E15 has excellent glassquality. Cant discuss that I think.
The use, however, is to be sincere, very limited as you get a non-zoom tc. When if you have a use for it (like me) you will like from first. you have to be aware that a 420mm need light light and light, and better- some more light. If you got that - it perform excellent. This is why I thing a TC like this has a limited use.
I haven't tried attaching a 2x or 3x, since I dont have any in that size. (I've tried to attach a 3x + 4x filter in front of the 5700 using the macrosetting. That works - now you can come REAL close). I can recommend that. As I wrote above, the tc gives you a decent macrofunction - you dont have to come so close with it attatched on. That's nice.
I dont know about any website with testing, sorry. I bought only from earlier experiences with my late cp990 and the tc for that. And ofcourse I compared Steves shot with and without the tc. You can go to the review of the CP5700 and check the sampleshots there.
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2003, 11:18 PM   #16

Thanks for the help, Klaus. I'm ordering the 5700 and was already thinking of an accessory lens.
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote