Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Mar 24, 2005, 3:56 PM   #1

As I said, it's a silly question, but a photo of someone's Nikon 8800 in this forum made me think about it. Do you leave your colorful stickers that tout your cameras ability on, or do you remove them? I've had my Nikon 8800 for a few weeks now, and thus far have yet to remove the colorful "features" sticker. But, I plan to, just as soon as I deem it "viable", and know that I won't be returning itto Nikon for repair (Knock on wood). So, chime in, if you want, just a though on a slow day here at work.
HughesInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 24, 2005, 4:28 PM   #2

I'm with you on this one. I'd remove mine if I had one. It's like that with some cars too .. V6, EFI, AWD and all that nonsense.
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2005, 1:23 AM   #3

Thefirst thing I do with a new camera or notebook PC or music player is to remove the obnoxious stickers...especially "Designed for Windows XP" or "Intel Inside". And there is nothing in any of the warranties saying that the warranty is voided if the stickers are removed.

Steve, Strazeele, France
SteveCz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2005, 10:51 AM   #4

I thought the same law applied to camera stickers as applied to mattresses -

"WARNING: Under penalty of the law, this tag is not to be removed!"

Only kidding

Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2005, 5:07 PM   #5

I can remember back in the old days (here we go)... the standard gold 'JCII Passed JMDC' label was deliberately left stuck to one's camera... the more worn the sticker the better.

Perhaps that's just me.
brucegarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2005, 4:37 AM   #6

:evil:

I guess I will be the out man out..
I just sold my 8700, and the buyer paid a premium because all the stickers were still on.
So if you ever plan to upgrade as I did, you might want to keep the stickers on.
If you plan on driving it till the wheels are square, then by all means remove them.

:evil:
tartarfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2005, 6:05 PM   #7

They put the sticker on so that buyers can quickly see the feature set in the stores. I removed mine the day I got my camera.
On the other hand - I guess fools are everywhere so I certainly don't dis-believe that someone would pay more for the "sticker" to be on. Personally - I think the 8800 looks better without the loud-colored sticker.
cdarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2005, 8:36 PM   #8

Any Service Dept that would decline a warranty repair due to removal of the stickers would be out of their minds. But if you fill the camera with sand or dirt you might have a problem. So many photographer claim they have never been near the beach or water with their camera, but forget how easy it is to uncover the images left on the card...hehehe...and there they are at the beach... normally the last shots taken before the zoom gears jam.

The stickers dont worry me, but I have seen some cameras that look like billboards. Not a good look.
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2005, 7:30 AM   #9

Well... I guess that someone thatcan keep a sticker for years, can keep the camera or whatever ingood condition also, maybe that's why they'll pay more... because they assume the camera is so neat as the sticker...

BTW, Why are silly questions so popular??:lol:

mrebuffone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2005, 11:00 AM   #10

I try to keep the original box and stickers. I usually have a piece of label backing around and transfer the stickers to it. It will come off easily later to re-attach to the equipment later if desired.

John

jrdeahl is offline   Reply With Quote