Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old May 5, 2005, 7:58 PM   #1

There was a post earlier about shutter speed. I cannot find the setting to get a shutter speed of 1500 or 3000. Would someone kindly take me through this step by step. thanks alot for your help. sorry if I sound dumb on this subject, but it can get a bit confusing at times.
photo118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 5, 2005, 9:49 PM   #2

Photo118,

What you will do is put it on the "S" (Shutter priority) setting on the top dial and then you turn the black dial on the rear right upper side left or right and that takes the speed up or down (you'll see the speed in the lcd display on top). You can also do this in the "M" - manual mode and it will default to shutter speed adjustment, you then hit the Func button on top to switch it to aperature adjustment (after you have set your shutter speed).

:|

Let me know if this helps!

-Brd_Hunter71

St. Paul, MN
brd_hunter71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2005, 10:44 PM   #3

Yes it did. Thanks.
photo118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2005, 10:22 AM   #4

Hi there,

New member to these forums, doing my research and trying to determine the best camera to buy to meet my specific needs. I have read many of the reviews on this website.Right now I am looking at the Coolpix 7600. My hesitation with this particular camera has to do with manual modes....ie. I need the ability to select a specific shutter speed and then have the camera decide the aperture and auto focus once I have selected the shutter speed. So does the advice you gave apply to the Coolpix 7600?

Thanks in advance for your help.
railbus is offline   Reply With Quote