Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old May 25, 2005, 10:38 AM   #1

Hi all, My nikon 5700's zoom is acting up.It seems to work in "steps" . I hit the button and it goes just a small distance. If I keep hitting the button it takes me about 9 hits to get fully zoomed. Going in reverse direction operates normally.. it backs off smoothly back to the start position.

I visited the Nikon site and there is no mention of firmware for any of the cameras. Is there firmware available at all ? or do I need a repair job ?

Advice?

thanks so much!!

CC :sad:

coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 26, 2005, 3:40 PM   #2

Hi all, just wanted to update you. I was wrong about the firmware. Using google I found it on the nikonUsa site. I checked the nikon site andread their Faqs.I ended up emailingthem.

The reply from Nikon was to "reset" the camera and if that didn't clear it, that I would have to send it in to be repaired. They said there was NO ability to predict the $ if it wasn't under warranty, and NO ability to predict turnaround time.

Question; has anyone done this? How long and what kind of turnaround did you get? I've got weddings coming up and I need the camera.

Thanks guys,

CC :?
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote