Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old May 30, 2005, 5:09 PM   #1

Having recently bought the above camera with which I am currently having my very first experiments, thus I have also perused the posts within this section, however, without finding more than 1 (one) post. It's to me unbelievable that no more users of this rather new camera have found it useful to share their views and experiments with other users of the camera. So, I do invite all of you, using the CP 8400 since its appearance to "come out of the bush" and share your experience with us....Best regards Oeksen37+
oeksen37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 9, 2005, 1:18 AM   #2

While others pursue longer telephotos, us wide-angle buffs know the potentialfor spectacular near-far compositions using the 24mm equivalent setting. Early in my experience with photography I noticed that a majority of photographs I admired were shot in wide-angle, like a lot of Ansel Adams' work and professional advertizing photography. While telephotos compress distances, wide-angle opens up spacious vistas that appeals to my artistic sense.

Back inmy old film days, my favorite lens was a Pentax 24mm on my SF1n. I sorely missed the compositional opportunities of that lens when I switched to digital. I bought the Nikon 5400 for the 28mm equivalent lens but it wasn't enough, and I rejoiced when the 8400 came out.
rodmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2005, 7:44 AM   #3

Rodmeister, just to let you know that I do appreciate your kind coming back with your, I dare say, very prof view on the CP 8400. I am still a bit surprised that, so far, you are in fact the only one having been willing to come forward with your view in this regard. However, having perused other posts/threads on a broad NIKON-level, I must come to the conclusion that while quite a few questions are in fact launched from user-side, only relatively few answers/reactions are produced from the latter...a pitty!
Old Jul 9, 2005, 4:58 PM   #4

Apparently 8400-users rather take pictures than writing posts on forums. I had a 5400 until it gave me a "lense error" and instead of sending it to Nikon for repair, I decided to purchase an 8400 plus a 0.75X convertor lens for some more wide angle. In 35mm terms I can go down to 18 or 19mm.! Wow, what a camera, a bit heavy I am afraid, much heavier than this nice little 5400 but this wide angle is fabulous...
ysbrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2005, 5:13 PM   #5

Thanks Ysbrand, I do appreciate your coming back and also you views in this context. I do hope that you, as I, will be happy with your CP 8400 - the best to you! Oeksen37
Old Jul 9, 2005, 5:55 PM   #6

Now I have one complaint about this 8400: the undersized USB-connector. It is difficult to plug the cable in the socket. I already damaged the socket once and had to send it in for a repair job: 130 Euro's!
ysbrand is offline   Reply With Quote