Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jan 4, 2003, 9:15 PM   #1

Default Coolpix 950 help needed

I have had my 950 for a few months and like it but have a few problems. After I take pictures and tranfer them to my computer I usually have to use something to auto enhance them. Indoor and outdoor pictures seem to need more contrast plus they need to be brighter. Can someone please help me figure out what I am doing wrong. I only have used it in auto but would appreciate it if someone would be nice enough to help me learn how to take great pics in manual. Newbie here..... I have seen some great pictures taken with the 950 and I need some help .

Email me : [email protected]

Thanks, Darrell
sc_radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 5, 2003, 6:17 AM   #2

You can go to this link:

http://photos.msn.com/editorial/Edit...ction=FEATURES

and get your first photocourse. There's several other sites on the net, that tells you how and what to do.

First of all - read the manual of your digiam. There's plenty of ways to remove cast, colors a.s.o described there!

Good luck!
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2003, 8:50 PM   #3

Default Re: Coolpix 950 help needed

greetings, except for a few natural light shots, almost every image will need some sort of image correction. i have shot over 20,000 images on two separate 950's and i run them thru an old version of photoshop(4.0). nearly every image needs some touch-up.

if you consistently get really bad iamges, it might be a problem with the camera. simply shooting in the auto mode point and click should give you fabulous pictures. experiment and shoot as many pictures as you can. you'll get the feel of the camera soon enough.

mikey

http://mikeys-place.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc_radar
I have had my 950 for a few months and like it but have a few problems. After I take pictures and tranfer them to my computer I usually have to use something to auto enhance them. Indoor and outdoor pictures seem to need more contrast plus they need to be brighter. Can someone please help me figure out what I am doing wrong. I only have used it in auto but would appreciate it if someone would be nice enough to help me learn how to take great pics in manual. Newbie here..... I have seen some great pictures taken with the 950 and I need some help .

Email me : [email protected]

Thanks, Darrell
mikeyinsunnyfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2003, 12:58 AM   #4

I agree with Mikey. Most cameras...digital or film...will not give you perfectly exposed pictures. That's what photo editor programs are for. You don't need to be an expert in Photoshop to make simple black and white point corrections or minor color adjustments. Also, the Unsharp mask is a wonderful tool for sharpening images...either from digital cameras or scanners. With just a little effort, you can turn out consistently stunning pictures from the 950. I've taken thousands with mine.
Bert Bigelow is offline   Reply With Quote