Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 6, 2003, 10:53 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 16
Default New High Capacity Battery for MB-E5700

I just bought some new batteries from a local store, SANYO NiMH 2100 MAH. US$2.5/each
And I bought Sony Fast Charger for US$27,- (two NiMH Sony Batteries included in a package).
It's fast enough to charge 4 batteries, 2 hours for my Sanyo NiMH 1850 MAH and about 3 hours to charge 2100 MAH Batteries.

:roll: 8)
aurora5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 8, 2003, 9:18 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Klaus DK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 2,216
Default

Thanks for sharing!
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2003, 3:03 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 62
Default Re: New High Capacity Battery for MB-E5700

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurora5000
I just bought some new batteries from a local store, SANYO NiMH 2100 MAH. US$2.5/each
And I bought Sony Fast Charger for US$27,- (two NiMH Sony Batteries included in a package).
It's fast enough to charge 4 batteries, 2 hours for my Sanyo NiMH 1850 MAH and about 3 hours to charge 2100 MAH Batteries.

:roll: 8)
do they sell online?
pixrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2003, 12:19 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 16
Default

Well... I don't know if SANYO Batteries and Sony Super Quick Charger are available online or not, but I found SANYO High Capacity batteries and Sony Super Quick Charger at many camera stores.
And..... its cheaper than MAHA or POWEREX
aurora5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2003, 4:27 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurora5000
Well... I don't know if SANYO Batteries and Sony Super Quick Charger are available online or not, but I found SANYO High Capacity batteries and Sony Super Quick Charger at many camera stores.
And..... its cheaper than MAHA or POWEREX
ok Aurora...
you've peaked my curiosity.
$2.50 for Sanyo NIMH 2100 mah batteries is awfully cheap.
what city do you live in?
pixrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2003, 6:17 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 16
Default

Well Pixrus....
I live in Indonesia and I found that Batteries at many camera store at ITC (International Trace Center) Jakarta. So.... I bought 18 pieces

FYI, Sanyo 1850 MaH, only US$2/each.....
aurora5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2003, 8:42 AM   #7
NHL
Senior Member
 
NHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: 39.18776, -77.311353333333
Posts: 11,547
Default

In the States, the iPower 2100mAh is probably the best you can get on-line for $11.99:

http://www.stevesforums.com/phpBB2/v...108&highlight=

BTW the Rayovac still charges theses cells in about 1-hr...
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2003, 1:11 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurora5000
Well Pixrus....
I live in Indonesia and I found that Batteries at many camera store at ITC (International Trace Center) Jakarta. So.... I bought 18 pieces

FYI, Sanyo 1850 MaH, only US$2/each.....
Aurora....
you got yourself an exceptional deal there.
ever considered starting a small business for yourself selling those batteries? You could probably get them wholesale if you were a dealer and sold on the web. I'm sure many people in the US would love to get a hold of those batteries. the cheapest that i've found was at Fry's for $12 apiece (not Sanyo and only 2000 mah). what's the cost of shipping over there to here in US?

what's the name of the store that you got them from? I have friends/family that drop by that part of the world on vacation once in a while.
thnx....
pixrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2003, 9:30 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 16
Default

Pixrus.....
You can find these batteries at :
http://www.stores.ebay.com/fireseedtrading
for US$3/each

Tips:
Please solder positive knob of the batteries before use, cause originaly the battery knob too short for MB-E5700.

Sincerely and have a nice day
Andreas :roll:
aurora5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2003, 12:26 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 62
Default

thnx for the lead Aurora....
pixrus is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:51 AM.