Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Aug 3, 2005, 11:09 AM   #1

Can someone please help me, I've had this memory card which is an SD 256MB for my Nikon coolpix 3700 camera for about 2 months and it has worked a treat. Now i have come to use it and it is full of photos and movies which the camera shows when you play it back on the camera. However when i removed the card from the camera and insert it in the card reader in my pc it just comes up with 3 files and nothing in them (files are DCIM, DCIM, MISC), The DCIM files have 13 other folders which i am asuming is where the photos, movies and landscapes would be held but there's nothing there. If any one has any ideas on how to get the card to work as it should please drop us a line i'm not bothered about loosing the photos just want the damn thing to work as it should:?.

Many thanks

Mike
megamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 3, 2005, 10:43 PM   #2

Some coolpix cameras have a "hidden picture" feature which allows you to view pi ctures in camera but won't let you transfer them to a computer. If yours has this feature, could you have possibly set up this feature? Sounds unlikely, but......
Have you tried downloading from the camera rather than from the card reader? If this works, then could be the problem is in the reader.
Have you tried the card with one of those printing kiosks? If one of those can read your card, at least you know that the card is sound.
If all else fails, you might want to try one of the data recovery programs that can handle memory cards that have gone bad. I think you can even download a few free ones, but I can't swear to it. A Google safari may turn a few up and there might be more info' posted on this site under the section dealing with memory cards.
Grant
granthagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2005, 4:32 PM   #3

Try ISOBusters.com-freeware and shareware. Not expensive. Worked for me.LOL.
picsgalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2005, 4:33 PM   #4

Correction-no s on Buster so make it ISOBuster.com. Sorry.
picsgalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2005, 8:39 PM   #5

hi, i have had the same problem. i have not tried to access my photos via a kiosk, but have tried multiple computers, 2 different memory cards [different brands as well], the card reader, the usb cord.... i have the 3700 as well.

did you figure anything out?

i dont want to have to buy another camera!!!!
thebluestar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2005, 8:41 PM   #6

and btw, i see that they arent even offering the 3700 anymore on their website... I WONDER WHY?! :P
thebluestar98 is offline   Reply With Quote