Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Aug 9, 2005, 11:37 AM   #1

I think I want the Nikon lens hood for the protection and ability to use 67mm filters, but here is the dumb part... How does it all work if I want to use a wide angle lens or a tele lens....can filters be attached to these? what I'm trying to find out is this...Do I have to stack one piece on top of the other to get the effects I want? For example...I want to use a wide angle lens but I want a polarizer filter when I use the wide angle. I'm just concerned with having so many parts that it takes a mad scientist to figure it all out. I don't want to be playing with lenses and filters only to have my subject be gone when I'm ready to shoot. Am I making it more difficult than it really is? Any suggestions for a good setup? I did ask Nextphoto about the adapters and they suggest the 67 size for versatility. But the Nikon lens hood takes the 67mm filters. I am just soooo confused! I really need some help to understand all this.:?
starship is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 9, 2005, 6:59 PM   #2

I don't know about adding wide angles etc, but I did buy the Nikon lens hood and am glad I did. It includes an adapter, the hood and a larger lens cap. I recently added a UV filter and find it very simple to add the hood as it attaches with just one set screw. The quality is typical Nikon . I don't know about adding other lenses, but I think the range available with the close up setting and then the 12X zoom will make using other attachments less important. The best thing about the camera, for me, is that it has so much in a relatively small package . I'm long past hiking with a bag of tricks and appreciate being able to take a close up or an extreme hand held zoom with the same camera.

Steve
The Scubbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2005, 11:41 PM   #3

If you want to check out some high-quality third-party lens/filter adaptors for the 8800, go to http://www.nextphoto.net/8800.htm
Grant
granthagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2005, 6:25 AM   #4

Thanks for the input, I am leaning towards the Nikon lens hood, but I also think I want to get the wide angle lens soon, so I guess I need to know if I need or can use filters with the wide angle lens. Obviously I have a lot to learn.
starship is offline   Reply With Quote