Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jul 5, 2007, 9:35 PM   #51

Nikon Canada had a pre-paid courier label to print off on their website. My son just had to drop off the camera at the courier depot then they shipped it back to him several weeks later. May be different in other countries.
Bob Nichol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2007, 10:39 PM   #52

Just got my camera back today from Nikon. It was fixed and cleaned and works great. It took exactly one week for the repair and shipment.
LG Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2007, 6:19 PM   #53

I found this reference, for which I was very grateful, and sent my camera in week before last, after first calling Nikon and confirming that the problem noted--black screen and viewfinder, with only the text visible--was the one they would fix for free. Today I got a bill from Nikon for $111.65, covering a "cracked monitor joint" which I had not previously noted at all. When I called to request they just repair the component covered by the service advisory, I was told "Nikon never performs partial repairs." This, both by the customer service rep and by his boss, who finally offered to take up the matter with his boss and let me know. I would advise a very thorough check of the camera before sending it in, since that was a problem I had never seen. The camera looked practically new when I sent it in. I'll let the forum know what the final resolution is in two days.
R3ick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2007, 6:02 PM   #54

I heard back today that my "repair is being taken care of free of charge this one time." Not sure if that includes the cracked monitor frame as well, but it will be nice to have it back. My backup digital, a Coolpix 990, doesn't have nearly the resolution. The one think about both cameras that I find indispensable, tho, is the articulated screen. For the work I do, it can't be beat. Anyway, kudos to Nikon for repairing their faulty component.
R3ick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 10:13 AM   #55

Jed888,

See susan61 info on page 2 of this thread. She got satisfactory results from Nikon on her camera.

divertwo
divertwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2008, 9:52 AM   #56

Hi Jeremy,

I have the same problem with my 5700, everything runing fine and then, switch on and only a black screen. I decided to go into the Nikon web-site and ask them about it. On their web-sit here in Germany, Nikon aknowlege the problem caused by the Sony CCD and offer to change it free of charge although the cameras are out of guarantee. You'll find a hole load of info on their web-site under service and support.

Hope I' been able to help

Best regards Ralph
steelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote