Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Feb 7, 2003, 5:25 PM   #1

Default Battery Life with MB-5770 six pack of AA

Anyone with experience with the battery pack? How long do they last , and do you leave the battery pack loaded when your not using the camera.
blkhotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 7, 2003, 6:52 PM   #2

I have had the mb5700 for about 1.5 mo. It is fantastic! Can shoot all day sometimes 2 with no problems. Gives the camera a lot better hand hold and includes another zoom and shutter button. It does add quite a bit more weight to the camera (which i like). I use it with Nickle Metel-Hydride batts (1800mAh). The only prob is that with some batteries the + nib is a little short to make good connection with the pack. I bent the + pack terms out slightly and it works fine. I would recommend it highly. Got it at Robert's Imaging for @139.00, batts were 12.00 for 4 pack (got 3 packs)
Michael Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2003, 10:21 PM   #3

As an example, today I went to the aquarium/park I took a total of 98 pics at 2560x1920 - 11 in RAW and the rest in JPG (fine). I used the camera for about 3 hrs, turned it on/off maybe 6 times, used the built-in flash 3-4 times and used the zoom a fair amount. Transfered the photos over to the computer and there was a little under half power left in the batteries. Considering the camera was on for most of the 3 hours (atleast 2 to 2.5hrs) I think that is pretty good.

I use 1800 mAh SunPak batteries in my MB-E5700.

-
koruvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2003, 11:30 AM   #4

are you removing the batteries when not in use? thanks
blkhotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2003, 1:58 PM   #5

I use the camera a lot so that batteries are in the camera most of the time. Apart from when they are charging

I'd suppose I'd probably take them out if I didn't plan on using the camera for 2+ weeks.
koruvs is offline   Reply With Quote