Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Nov 17, 2005, 9:06 PM   #1

My Coolpix 8800has started coming up with a "system error 2" message. On startup it allows me to take 1 picture before the message appears and prevents any further use of the camera. If I restart the camera I can take one more photo.

I love my camera and I feel a little sick just thinking that it might be broken. Any thoughts, remedies, tricks etc
rocket87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 22, 2006, 9:39 AM   #2

22 Oct 2006 -- a year later! I have had a Nikon Coolpix 8800 for about 18 months - no problems until now when it has done exactly what you describe - take one pic (any setting, I have checked several) and then System Error 2. I have reformatted the card (in the camera), removed and recharged the battery, fiddled with settings. No joy. Did you ever get a satisfactory solution - or is it return to factory (and purchase Canon in future)?

Many thanks

Tony Hough (Cambridge, UK)
TonyHough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2006, 3:54 PM   #3

http://www.photo-forums.com/[email protected]@.ee9b16a

if you search this forum you will probably find an answer or else someone there can help you, good luck:-)
aenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2006, 8:59 AM   #4

Nah. There is no fix except to do what I've done - send it back to Nikon to be repaired. The cost is 150GBP + Value Added Tax of 17.5percent. Not yet received back.

I like your naive optimism that a magic wand solution is lurking somewhere on the web. Good luck with that.

Tony Hough
TonyHough is offline   Reply With Quote