Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Nov 22, 2005, 8:08 PM   #1

Hello,

Anybody know if replacement is coming for COOLPIX-8800 ?

NIKON website removed 8800 from the cameras list.

I am wondeing if NIKON is going to focus on SLR cameras and is abending COOLPIX 5700 - 8800 line?

Please, let me know if you have any info about the nextgeneration after 8800?

Thank you.

AK.
akouzmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 5, 2006, 3:20 AM   #2

Hello all,* I just wanted to add my request for information on this topic.* I was about to buy the 8800 but now feel I should wait in case a newer version is about to come out.Thanks, Eddie
Eddie Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2006, 1:50 PM   #3

I guess you should wait if you don't need that camera urgently. I don't know if the newer version will be out soon, but that how it usually happen when one model is taken away from the market. Also, if you have patience, you will always find something better than or atleast equal to CP8800. I've never seen technology rolling backward, so don't worry! However, don't wait too long or you end up nowhere. :|
Nikon8800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2006, 8:37 PM   #4

Thanks, 8800.* I guess I will be patient!
Eddie Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 10:25 AM   #5

akouzmit wrote:
Quote:
NIKON website removed 8800 from the cameras list.

I am wondeing if NIKON is going to focus on SLR cameras and is abending COOLPIX 5700 - 8800 line?

Please, let me know if you have any info about the nextgeneration after 8800?

Maybe NIKON stops to manufacture the 8800. But it will stillbe on sale for a while.

NIKON USA Site still lists the 8400, 8700 and 8800: http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php?cat=1&grp=2

I cannot see Nikon stopping the 5700 - 8800 line while announcing they move away from classic film cameras in order to focus on digital cameras. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4605418.stm

Also, "Bridge", "Point-and-Shoot", "All-in-One"... call them however you want ... are - -in my opinion - -here to stay. See competitors... and all the new cameras coming in this segment...

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...c.php?id=67814

gaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2006, 10:42 PM   #6

See my tonight posting on same subject in general topic area. Seems Nikon ending Nikon 8800, 4800 and others in hopes stimulating growth of higher end, larger profit margin cameras. Personnally feel these outperformed higher end from ease of use, functionality, convenienince, cost, and battery life.....

Will welcome your suggestions/observation on recommended purchase like 8800 or 4800 which is more compact.

Only Nikon I see close now to above is Coolpix S-4 which seems of less capability.

JayK is offline   Reply With Quote