Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Nov 23, 2005, 1:23 AM   #1

I just got a new Nikon D50. Im noticeing that I dont see the ISO speed in the exif data when right clicking the file and looking at it nor do I see it in Photoshop in the file data. Could I be doing something wrong or is it not included for some weird reason?

Thanks, Proud new Nikon owner..
Attached Images

DocX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 23, 2005, 1:41 AM   #2

I found a bit of a answer but not what i wanted really..

i wanted to also add that if you alter your images in photoshop, as previously stated, the exif information gets wiped out. this program, ISOfix, will help and can be downloaded here:

http://www.vandrasik.com/software/IsoFix12.zip
(requires .NET framework 1.1 to run)

quoted from the author (obtained from dpreview.com):

Quote: OK, Here is my fix for the EXIF ISO "bug". Nikon hides the ISO setting in the EXIF "MakerNotes" field. This program pulls it out of there and copies it to the standard EXIF ISO field. This makes the ISO setting viewable in PhotoShop and other programs that can't properly decode the Nikon MakerNote field. Works on images shot in JPG and images shot in NEF and converted with Nikon Capture or Nikon Browser / Nikon View.

To install, unzip all files to a temporary folder and run setup.exe. To use, right-click on a folder name and select "ISO Fix". The application will attempt to correct all JPGs in the folder.
DocX is offline   Reply With Quote