Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Nov 19, 2006, 11:01 AM   #21

No man ... its not happeneing to me yet ... did by any chance ur nikon 8800 fell ?

Anywaz

How is the photography ?

temme the nikon results ?
fakir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2007, 5:05 AM   #22

I have joined the system error 2 club! I have 2 of these cameras as I have experienced problems in the past with electronic nikons, and know all about returning them for repair. There goes another £150. Pity I like the cameras so much.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/supplyimaging/sets/

See some of the pictures on flickr and look for the different cameras. Ricoh RDC-5000, Nikon E5700 (three different ones), and the Nikon 8800's. And before you say it, I know that there is a lot shots that need not be there.

Martin
supplyimaging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2007, 1:07 AM   #23

This is the second time that I am experiencing an Error message since I've owned by Coolpix 8800 .

The first time my Coolpix 8800displayed the famous"Lens Error" it wasrepaired under warranty. My 8800 is now almost two years old and the warranty expired. Once again my cameradisplays "Error" in the window on top the camera next to the selector dial. However, this time boththe monitor through the eyepiece AND the display screen (whichever is switched on) display the message "Monitor Off".

I've tried restarting the camera; changing the compact flash card, even thumping the camera on it's side (as suggested elsewhere), to no avail.

I am VERY DISAPPOINTED after taking extemely good care of my COOLPIX 8800,that itis unusablebecause of this defect.
Delawarekathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2007, 9:04 AM   #24

I had the "system 2 error" for a while but thought it was the cold wheather in Maine but I kept getting it, even inside. I then found this web site. I reset the camera, took the battery and the card out overnitght. I have now taken over 100 pictures without that error massage. I now take the battery and card out when I am not using the camera. I will keep you posted on how this is working out.
acadiadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2007, 11:14 AM   #25

It didn't work. So I am sending it in for repairs. Lucky I havea five year warranty.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 6:35 PM   #26

After googling my NikonCoolpix 8800 error problem, it appears my problem was caused by using an after market or genericLi-Ion battery.

I replaced the generic battery with a genuine Nikon battery and my Coolpix 8800 is up and running again. STAY AWAY FROM GENERIC BATTERIES!
Delawarekathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2007, 3:21 PM   #27

My battery has always been a Nikon EN-EL7. I hope your solution works.