Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Apr 3, 2003, 11:26 PM   #1
SSD

Default CP 4500 swivel feature

I have had a terrible time deciding which digital camera to go with. A local store has a good deal on the CP 4500 camera (includes 128 CF) plus the Nikon $200 Rebate. This is tempting, but I am not familiar with the swivel feature of the Nikons. I am used to more traditional style cameras and have been leaning towards the Fujis602. Can anyone tell me some of the benefits of the swivel feature camera?
Thanks!

P.S. - How is the shutter lag, low light focusing on this camera, color reproduction and overall image quality?
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 4, 2003, 12:40 AM   #2

The big reason is that you can take pictures of things that are really low to the ground without having to have your head in the dirt, and to take accurate pictures over crowds without having a ladder.
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2003, 1:43 PM   #3

It's also a good feature when you're using the camera with a telescope for wildlife photography (if your scope dosn't already have an angle mount eyepiece).

re your p.s.

Shutter lag - There is an autofocus lag but I can live with it. Otherwise you can get about three frames per second in short bursts.

Low light focusing - Not a lot of experience here. My lowest light shot is of a Badger (see my pbase wildlife gallery) and that seemed ok.

Colour reproduction - I like it.

Overall image quality - I like it.
checklg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2003, 4:26 PM   #4

SSD,

what prices were you quoted for the coolpix 4500 ? I am thinking of getting one also. With the 200 rebate, it is just about in my financial reach.
Mister_two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2003, 2:39 PM   #5
Administrator

If you look at my Nikon 4500 review you'll find our Deal Time price box about halfway down the first page. This is a current listing of dealers and prices for the 4500. I have seen it for $550 so with a $200 rebate we're down to $350 + shipping! Now that ain't bad for a 4-megapixel 4x zoom camera in my book !!!!

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2003, 5:56 PM   #6
MK

Once you used the swivel design you won't be able to live without it!
MK is offline   Reply With Quote