I updated my coolpix 995 to firmware version 1.7 and now the pop-up flash doesn't work (All I can see is a slight flicker of the flash if I look at it really hard). I don't know if the firmware update did this, or if it is coincidence. I called Nikon and they want me to send it in, but I don't feel like payin an arm and a leg to fix it.
So I opened the flash housing to look at the bulb, and I got electrocuted when I touched the metal plate around the bulb (it was pretty intense)....I had the camera off and the battery was out, so it must be storing a charge somewhere. I guess it sounds kinda funny now that I think about it, but when it happened my hands were shakin for a few minutes.
Does anyone have any suggestions or better yet the old firmware version 1.6?