Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Apr 11, 2003, 12:56 PM   #1

Default Nikon 3100 not so good

I got a nikon 3100 yesterday but just find out it's battery is not rechargeable, ordinary battary can't last enough. And it will cost you $30 to get chargeable. compusa have deal right now.
:evil:

And the movie function doesn't have sound. If you want to use it as a camcord also, you better remember that.
:shock:

By the way, I got a sandisk ultar 256MB, 2 times faster than my simpleteck 128MB, but on the highest quality photo, it still takes 3-5 sec to write to card.

I try to order SQ online, but honstly they sucks. Shipping delayed from april to june!!! So I cancel the order.
I really want to know why SQ is not available on market. And when I can buy it in store such as bestbuy. Or where I can buy it now. Thanks.

Today is my Birthday.

Le
rockp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 11, 2003, 2:46 PM   #2

I think the SQ will available in May.
Aubrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2003, 3:21 PM   #3

rockp, if your taking pictures with the lcd off you might have those 2-3min delays in between shots but with the lcd on its alot faster.
sharpis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2003, 4:59 PM   #4

I just bought the nikon 3100 three days ago and I must admit the battery life is horrible! I bought some rechargable batteries and they dont last 5 minutes.. (not sure if you have to charge them 3-5 times before full use).. otherwise I love the camera! small and compact, fits in pocket, good features with white balance, sleak finish yet sturdy!
coryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2003, 8:16 PM   #5

Cory, please experiment in low light conditions and let me know how it works. I'm interested in the camera but have read it's problematic on low light. Anything you can tell me will help.
Aubrey is offline   Reply With Quote