Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old May 1, 2006, 4:37 PM   #1

Hello once again. I'm back with my trusty Nikon 5700 with a brand new issue. The non ā€“ functioning flash problem has completely vanished. It however has been replaced by a new problem. (I swear, is my 5700 haunted?) Now I have a small piece of what looks like lint or dirt on the inside of my 5700 lens. At least I think it's on the inside of my lens. When I shine a light in the barrel, I see one small spec of (dirt/lint) on the other side of the lens on the lower left side. The photo shows an object on the lower right side. It's a blur when I start the camera up. And its solid object (see photo below) when I full telephoto. Can some one please help me? I already had to wait forever for the CCD recall and repair. Is there anyway I can repair this?

Attached Images

jason shanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 2, 2006, 12:36 AM   #2

Jeeze, m' man, maybe you should start going back to church!

I,m no tech, but to get it out of there would likely involve dis-assembly. Short of that, what I would suggest is to try to just move the lint to the outer edge of the lens where it might not show up so much. Maybe a vacuum cleaner with a piece of flexible plastic tubing would move it. Just hold one end of the tube between your thumb and index finger in the vacuum cleaner nozzel and cover the rest of the nozzel opening with the same hand so that all the suction is coming through the tube. Find some likely-looking places on the lens barrel and apply the other end of the tube. Probably won't work, but MacGiver would like it.
One of those cans of compressed air might be better.

If you can't move the lint to a "better" spot, you'll have to practise your cloning skills!

Grant
granthagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2006, 2:08 AM   #3

hahaha that picture is actually of a church roof. :lol:

Man i love this camera but its really puting me though it. It will have to do , i dont have the money for a dslr . Heck i only do this for fun.
jason shanks is offline   Reply With Quote