Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jun 23, 2006, 10:37 AM   #11

ok thanks Jim - I'll try that right now..
nikovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2006, 11:11 AM   #12

OK, I'm in Disk Management and it found the readers 4 ' virtual drives ' - all but one drives say " no media ' -one says' unreadable ' - I pressume that's the one with the Card ! - so now I'm stumped though - where do I go from here please ?
Old Jun 23, 2006, 11:27 AM   #13
Administrator

Unreadable, huh? Does it show a partition on it at all (FAT, etc.)? You may want to try deleting it if it shows one, then creating another one. It's probably a dead card. But, if it's a paritition problem instead, it may be fixable.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2006, 12:00 PM   #14
Administrator

Or, just buy another card if it's too much hassle trying to get the vendor to replace it (shipping costs, etc.). ;-)

512MB CompactFlash cards are cheap anyway. Adorama has standard Sandisk 512MB cards on sale for $14.95 including shipping via Amazon right now:

Sandisk 512MB CompactFlash Card via Amazon

They're the same price on the Adorama web site (but, I think you'd have to pay shipping that way, so it's probably cheaper to use the Amazon route):

http://www.adorama.com/IDSCF512.html...amp;item_no=87

Old Jun 23, 2006, 12:23 PM   #15

Thanks for all your help Jim - I just refreshed the computer managament and now the drive that said 'unrecogized' now also says ' no media ' - so I think it's safe to assume that the Ebay Vendor sold me a dead card !

And he's still not answering my emails - the killer is , I was charged an extra 8 bucks ontop of the asking price , not including shipping , just on Duty alone !

I think if he's not answered my emails by later today he'll be getting some pretty masty feedback , plus I'll contact Ebay and lodge a complaint.

I will most probably buy a new card from Adorama - thankyou for the link
Old Jun 23, 2006, 12:52 PM   #16
Administrator

Well, you see bad cards from all of the manufacturers from time to time. So, the vendor may not have known it was bad. Was it in standard manufacturer's packing (unopened)? If not, then perhaps he did know it was bad. lol

Old Jun 23, 2006, 3:38 PM   #17

it was just in bubble wrap and a little bag ..so whooooo knows ...... :-) He better reply though !